Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! i just bought a slightly used '05 black bonnie 1600 on the odometer, so i'm very excited to take advantage of the little time i have left before full out winter begins.

Anyways, i have been looking around on the 'net for a new seat. Ideally i would like a seat made of leather natural in color. I'm not sure who do send my existing seat to for re-fitting. Any suggestions? Anyone have a picture on the forum of a black bonnie w/ a natural brown leather seat?

thanks!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey everyone! i just bought a slightly used '05 black bonnie 1600 on the odometer, so i'm very excited to take advantage of the little time i have left before full out winter begins.

Anyways, i have been looking around on the 'net for a new seat. Ideally i would like a seat made of leather natural in color. I'm not sure who do send my existing seat to for re-fitting. Any suggestions? Anyone have a picture on the forum of a black bonnie w/ a natural brown leather seat?

thanks!
Check out Corbin... They will make a seat up in any number of colors... The Gunfighter is a popular choice... Be forewarned... They believe in VERY dense and firm foam.. (I understand you can ask for softer) and the saddle can take many miles to break in...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
To seat or not to seat

Check out the Triumph website, accessories, seats, contemporary seat brown.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Check out Corbin... They will make a seat up in any number of colors... The Gunfighter is a popular choice... Be forewarned... They believe in VERY dense and firm foam.. (I understand you can ask for softer) and the saddle can take many miles to break in...
I loved my Corbin seat from Day 1, that dense and firm foam is what makes it so comfortable on long rides.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Don't forget, there's often local shops that can do it for you.

I got a custom seat made for my Sprint RS. It was cheaper than Corbin, but was custom made for my butt, had 2 types of leather, and custom gel inserts for me and a pillion. It made a huge difference to the comfort of the bike.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sargent makes great seats. They can also re-foam your stock seat. From experience, I can say that they are wayyyy more comfortable than the Corbin gunfighter, and Triumph solo seats. Not sure about the Triumph king & queen, but I would never buy that hideous looking grandpa seat anyway. ;)

http://www.sargentcycle.com/

·
Registered
935 Posts
Sargent makes great seats. They can also re-foam your stock seat. From experience, I can say that they are wayyyy more comfortable than the Corbin gunfighter, and Triumph solo seats. Not sure about the Triumph king & queen, but I would never buy that hideous looking grandpa seat anyway. ;)

http://www.sargentcycle.com/
Jax... I recommended the Corbin because the fellow asked about a brown seat and Corbin has any number of covering options... To my point... I have a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady seat that I use when riding two up... I like the removable backrest aspect of it since I can't stand "sissy bars"...

My favorite seat though is my stock seat refoamed with Super Cell Atomic Foam... I had the seat on my '02 done by them... I totaled it and unfortunately, the seat went with the Bonnie to the bone yard... I just yesterday completed refoaming my '03's stock seat with the super cell... It was really easy to do and I was able to do some alterations that I believe will make it even more comfortable than my old one...

I'm a believer in Sargent's work and products... GREAT folks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Corbin Gunfighter and Lady

I had the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat for my '02 Sprint ST and it was very comfortable on long rides. The one downside is that it is VERY heavy compared to the stock seat. So, when riding around town on short rides, I'd generally use the stock seat (unlike the Bonnie, the Sprint ST seats are easy to remove/replace).

On my '08 T100, I have the King & Queen seat. I know many posters think they're butt ugly, but after putting 650 miles on one over two days, I can say they are exceptionally comfortable. Far more so than the stock washboard. And as someone else has pointed out, you don't notice the looks when you're sitting on it and riding.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Brent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts