Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Been pondering about air brushing me new beauty
Any one done a custom paint job on a st1050

Well it is winter in scotland and I'm a old harley custom builder of old but converted to the sprint. makes me fell like I was 20 riding my Kawa GPZ 900 :motorbike2:

post your good looking sprints

Cheers Allan

·
Registered
165 Posts
this is my old sprint not a 1050, i had painted racing yellow.

bags on:

no bags:

one of my favorite shots of it:

the new ones would look awesome in racing yellow, especially with the black frame and wheels...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yellow

looks fantasic

yes black frame waw that would be cool :cool:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
thefly

Wow mate that is fantastic!:welldone:

You have to enter your yellow bike in the site bike of the month competition that looks absolutely awesome I love it!:hearts:

DaveM:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Nice one. Is like the Ducatti yellow without the green tint?

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
and yellow goes faster too. Great looking ride, but I am biased.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
i'm glad this thread started. I hope to see many pics of cutsom painted bikes. Mine officially went into the paint shop/garage yesterday

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
That is a lovely looking yellow bike (and I never thought I would say that!)

Any pics of any other exotic bikes would mke for some great pc wallpapers

·
Registered
0 Posts
Many years ago, not long after the Katana's were released I saw a yellow one, which was one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen. The yellow of that Katana was a creamier colour than the above bike and was the only yellow one I've ever seen.

This bike reminds me of that and looks as good. How could you sell it???

·
Registered
165 Posts
This bike reminds me of that and looks as good. How could you sell it???
i really didn't want part with it, but with all of the commuting i was doing, i really wanted abs (locked my rear 2 or 3 times in a panic stops). and when the '07's came i decided it was time for a change.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
This is what I wanted to see--an 05+ Sprint in white. If I ever had mine repainted, this is the color I'd consider but with some touches of black in spots.

Thefly,

I like the silver frame with the yellow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

:)

Got it painted by a guy in Olympia, WA for about $750? Pretty decent. Wanted to try and do it myself, but I live in an apartment and don't have the space...
Looks really cool in white nice pic

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I'd love the above bike with the S3 stuff in white. I prefer the understated look on bikes or cars. I can't do flames, tribals or busy graphics.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm with you on busy paint schemes (even though I'm about to throw one on mine) I absolutely love that all white, it looks ghostly. Its sick

·
Registered
3,701 Posts

:)

Got it painted by a guy in Olympia, WA for about $750? Pretty decent. Wanted to try and do it myself, but I live in an apartment and don't have the space...
OH MY GOD your sprint looks amazing!

I see you have a luggage locker too! My kinda Triumph rider!

Cheers on the excellent paint job! Think you can post larger resolution photos somewhere like bikepics.com and then link them to this forum? I know they're picky and demand 800x600 resolution for those old 28.8k modem users...

--Kory

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
How about a Black ST with 08+ S3 Rims, front clip and flame kit.

Calliway thank you for photoshopping this, I was seriously considering SpeedTriple rims on my Sprint but looking at it now, they just don't fit the bike in my opinion.

Thanks for helping me decide this.

--Kory

1 - 20 of 65 Posts