Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Triumph website, under "Parts & Accessories/Speedmaster - 2005/Custom Paint" There's an option for Mulberry Red with a Union Flag.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/accessories.aspx
Part No: A9708061-ZCSA

That's as close as I can give a link to this.

Does anyone have this? Has anyone seen it live and in-person? Is this still available for 2006 models? Or, is there another way to get a Speedmaster with a Mulberry red/graphite combo?

Jeff

·
Registered
175 Posts
For the cost of the "Custom" Triumph tins you could have a true custom paint job applied to your stock tins. The graphics on the "custom" triumph tins are just clear coated decals. They look good, don't get me wrong. It's just that you can get alot more for your money. Just my opinion. :)

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
you could buy the tank and fenders but it'll cost you around a grand. If you sell yours via ebay you can probably get back almost 1/2 of that. of course the paint scheme on the america is different.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... So this "custom paint" isn't paint at all, but a veneer?

Shame... I'm hoping to order a new '06 Speedmaster in the next week. Do you have any leads on getting custom paint done?

Otherwise (like Dazco recommended), I'll have to think about getting the tank/fenders from an America to get the paint scheme I want. Gotta have the Speedmaster, but I love that mulberry red... It matches my favorite guitar!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Detriot,
Try to work out a deal with the sale hinging on your getting the custom paint. It looks great and would probably hold up better in the long run. Take in consideration that the mark up on the new tank, like all Triiumph parts is about 30-35 %. If they want to sell a bike you may be able to work a deal...or no sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 2006-03-08 13:42, Nuthin wrote:
For the cost of the "Custom" Triumph tins you could have a true custom paint job applied to your stock tins.

Boy, I'd like to know were were you get your painting done. A true custom paint job is gonna cost you an arm and maybe a couple of toes, but if you just want the Mulberry Red w/o the flag decal Nuthin is probably correct. (Athough I haven't priced out custom pinstriping yet.)
Steve My Baby

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
""Lemmie guess......would that be an SG?""

Nope... you're way off!

It's an Ovation Balladeer - for whatever reason, the neck is perfect for my hands. I keep a fat set of strings on it, tune it down a whole step, and it rings out with a bright, round tone you wouldn't believe. Now, it's not a Taylor 710CE, which might be the nicest sounding guitar ever made - but try getting one in a Mulberry red paint scheme!

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
You should hear my Larrivee OM-09. I've gone thru decades of one after another and this is the only keeper ever. had it 7 years now and can't imagine a better acoustic sound, nor would i ever part with it. (longest ownership b4 the Larrivee about 3 years...gibson J45) It's phenominal...close to perfection, and wipes the floor with the taylor i had in the 90's. Not even close. But it ain't red. :-D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dazco - never played a Larrivee OM-09. Next time you're in a guitar store, though, strum a Taylor 710CE or the 714 dreadnaught. Last time I did, I wept with despair because I lacked the skills to be worthy of such an instrument. I think they re-tooled their production lines in the late '90s, so the guitars before that won't hold a candle to the newer ones.

And, to keep this on topic - if I was to get the tank/fenders from an America, isn't there a tach on the tank on the Speedmaster that's not there on the America? I recall there being something different on the tank when I was sitting on the two of them.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Daz,this is way off topic,but have you ever considered starting a blog in your signature to reveiw,compare,make observations etc regarding guitars ? It seems like lots of members are into them and I don`t know jack about them.I enjoy the hell out of Chucks blog.I read the cigar reviews and I don`t smoke.I look at the ghost towns and dream.I learn something EVERY TIME I read it. I think knowing and learn other stuff rocks. :???:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts