Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is a Red 1998 TBS.
I have a small dent in the tank that I have been looking at for awhile and am finally going to get repaired. I thought it would be a good oppurtunity to get some custom paint done or just enhance the paint job that is already there. I kinda like the red and black so not going to change things up to much. I was looking for ideas really. I have been through the site and looked at the bikes posted some lovely machines. So have a few ideas at this stage.

So my question is does any have any nice graphic they would think would look good integrated into the red paint work.
At the moment looking at the checker board up the middle of the tank and the seat cowl with an ace of spades incorporated into it half way down the tank and on the cowl the checker board with ace cafe logo with the two flags.

Any way let me know what ideas people have or good graphics they can send me. I think the painter can copy almost anything depending on cost.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think that checkerboard pattern up the tank is a pretty hot design myself. I would definitely keep the Cardinal Red, though - it's a great color. Photos rarely capture the tone and depth of it.

I get plenty of compliments on the color from folks. I like the color so much that I'm thinking of changing out the tailight for a tailight/turn signal combo (like the Bonnie) so that I can remove the chrome rail on the back fender and expose more of the paint - it looks to me like the only purpose for that rail is to support the turn signal.

But I digress. That checkerboard would look nasty with the red - go for it!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Speaking of the checkerboard stripe, does anyone know of a U.S source for it?
The only place I know is Ace Cafe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Right. My mistake. They're both equally beautiful. But, to paraphrase George Orwell, I think the Cardinal Red is more equal. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well going to talk to the painter on Tuesday and have printed a few graphics for him. So when I eventually get it all done and dusted I will post a few pics .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts