Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not lazy, and I'm not cheap, but I do live in the boondocks, and dialup is all I can get for less than $500 installation and $60 per month for satelite, (and the service sucked when I did have it) soooo...

I ran across some photos of a custom BLACK Rocket, Looked to me like it had ceramic coating on all of the chrome. I know it was on the Rocket Science forum, but I can't for the life of me find it. I have spend about two hours looking over the last week or so, and am ready to ask for help.
Anyone else who suffers with dialup can appreciate my problem.
Pages take 3-5 minutes to download.

Can anyone point me to the thread?
This was not just another black Rocket. Real custom finish.
Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sound like Spike

Also a nice project going on in New Zealand, its R34ME doing that one, he has put rear sets on, very cool bike. But be warned looking at these bikes will either inspire you or send you broke!;)

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
An actual link to the specific post, such as the one posted by TRath, is a better idea than page numbers in a situation like this.

For one thing, not everyone has their page sizes set the same in their preferences, so it may be a different number for someone else. In addition, it takes a long time to jump 14 pages on dialup.

You can get the exact URL of a post you are looking at by using that "permalink" deal at the upper right corner of each post.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhhh, try page 14 of the Rocket pick thread, is Headvince bike the one? http://www.triumphrat.net/the-rocke...our-rocket-thread-part-1-a-14.html#post925598
Sorry 'bout that. The permalink works easily and is better than scrolling through 14 pages.
Very close, and a great inspriation.
The one I remember was different, the background was blacktop, and the pipes were black.
I will be staying late at work, and we do have braodband there, I will post my results if I find it.
Thanks much.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Blackened Parts, And I'm Not Talking About Spices

Just a quick FYI, there are some black coated parts for a R III on ebay. Looks like they completely dismantled a bike to sell the parts. Have to check the pics and descriptions carefully, there are some scratches on some of 'em.

Cheers !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.