Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 T100.1975 Norton Commando MK3.
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted Alpina tubeless spoke wheels to my T100 which already come fitted with new bearings. I checked the cush drive bearing whilst i was fitting a new rear sprocket and felt some roughness there so i replaced it whilst i was doing the job. I noticed the original cush bearing was made in Poland were as all the other wheel bearings were made in Japan. It is the first time i have ever seen a bearing made in Poland! It just seems a bit odd to me. Any body else seen this? Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Does it really matter anymore? I mean, most manufacturing processes are automated these days. And assuming the raw materials are up-to-snuff, and the same code is being used, the human-factor is greatly minimized to the point of being moot.

Houston or Hanoi, Manchester or Mumbai, Berlin or Beijing... good parts (and bad) come for all points of the globe. I think you can feel safe that Triumph did their due-diligence in sourcing parts.

/M

Reactions: vitesse
1 - 4 of 4 Posts