Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here's whats coming up for me:

I have that set of forks from ebay, should be here anyday now, then they are off to my friend to refinish the legs in a gunmetal finish, and then off to GMD-Computrac for total reworking. (GMD pending finances of course)

As soon as I get back from my december trip to visit the parents, i'll be ordering an Arrow GP Style Slip on from an 06' R6. Which I will have welded to the TT600 headers im getting from either here or ebay, I hope it isn't too loud, but i love the look.

next, My front sprocket cover is off, and I will be taking it to a friends machine shop, and he will be fabbing an aluminum vented one for me, should be very cool. after that, the OEM cover will be sent across the pond, with an oem chainguard for a find chap over to make CF copies of. Im sure all of these willl be available for purchase eventually.... anyways, then i have to decide between aluminum and CF!

My second set of wheels is in bad need of powdercoating...

I'm 1,000 miles from my 12k mile service.......this means its time for a k&n filter

Lastly, any day now the S4 will go under the gun, for a little custom paint. I'm trying to keep it tasteful and subtle, while making it 100% my own. I made the design on my own, but told the paint artist he can tweak to make it look its best.

Of course, pictures of all of this will be posted for your viewing pleasure!

I think im getting close to completion of having the bike 100% where i want it. I can only think of a few things left, but some ideas might pop up as i go along.....but we'll save talking about all that for later.

so i am at the mark of 1 year of ownership of my s4...it's been a good year. Alot of good times, no bad. She's seen deal's gap twice, neel's gap, wolfs pin gap, the honda superbike classic, Two wheels only resort, 29 dreams resort, deal's gap resort, and of course trackdays at road atlanta and jennings gp. she's seen a couple of friends go down, but always managed to stay on 2 wheels...well sometimes 1. she's also now very far from stock....sometimes i think for a moment that instead of modding her, i should have put it towards paying her off.......but i only think that for a moment. The S4 has been good to me, and i will NEVER sell it. So here's to a great first year, and many more!

·
Registered
111 Posts
That exhaust should look good.
If yougr getting CF parts from over here Jack lilly do sprocket covers
http://www.jacklilley.com/view_part.asp?category_id=49&category_type_id=492&part_id=93
and you can get armour for theengine frome bike johnnyhttp://www.bikejohnny.com/
and cf huggers with built in chain guard from NWS
http://www.n-w-s.com/triumph/600s.html or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-DAYTONA-TT600-SPEED-FOUR-BLACK-HUGGER_W0QQitemZ160060794155QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
if your still after a downpipe
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/triumph-speed...ryZ10486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
good luck with the mods want to do more to mine but cash funds dont allow it just now

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks!

i've actually seen the jack lilley ones before, but this chap said he'd send me the carbon one free, if i send him the one to make it from. maybe i'll have him make it vented too!

I want the engine armor too, but with the current exchange rate, almost anything from your side is too expensive for my current tastes!

I have the triumph fake cf hugger, id love to get a plain black one, or real cf one, but someone would have to buy mine haha, its in good shape, but could use a wash!

hope to see some pics soon of some mods on your ride!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive not done much too mine yet, just fitted a secondhand daytona hugger and R&G fraim protectors again for the daytona as they were over a tenner cheaper than S4 ones and still fit fine the swingarm and fork ones are coming as a christmas/birthday present. As i m not keen on the triumph belly panI want to modify and fit either TT or daytona fairing lowers or take a trip to the local breakers and see what might fit as my next mod

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know how u feel about the belly pan, i want to try and fit one from an 06' speed triple, but now sure how that would turn out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
On 2006-12-08 20:45, FuryFour wrote:

As soon as I get back from my december trip to visit the parents, i'll be ordering an Arrow GP Style Slip on from an 06' R6. Which I will have welded to the TT600 headers im getting from either here or ebay, I hope it isn't too loud, but i love the look.
I can't wait to see that. That would be too cool. :cool:

·
Registered
509 Posts
haha I've actually been watching those downpipes on ebay. I'm in half a mind to buy them and get them powdercoated black. I'm thinking of making my bike blacker than it already is... after all black is best :p
Fury? you've always been in the black camp... a new paint job?... black on black? I hope you're not going over to the light side :hammer:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-12-09 21:36, Treehugger wrote:
haha I've actually been watching those downpipes on ebay. I'm in half a mind to buy them and get them powdercoated black. I'm thinking of making my bike blacker than it already is... after all black is best :p
Fury? you've always been in the black camp... a new paint job?... black on black? I hope you're not going over to the light side :hammer:

the ones i'm going to get, I am going to powder coat black!
the paintjob will be a gold stripe with a little airbrushing for a personal stripe, she'll still be mostly black!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts