Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Is anyone out there installed a newer style headlight on an air cooled thruxton or bonneville? I saw one fitted on an air cooled Bonnie and was told it needs the newer bucket and trim ring to fit. Does anyone know if the lens would fit a stock bucket on an efi Thruxton? I am a fan of the look of the new headlight with the added feature of having LED. If it is plug and play I might pull the trigger by going used on eBay but they are pricey!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not sure if the same.... but I have tried a Street Twin headlight glass on my SE, and it didnt work due to the flip system to the bracket. Then tried the fit the whole housing which it did, but I had issues with the managing the cables in the smaller housing. Gave up on that idea at the end...

If you can managed the amount of cables in there, then it should be fine...

Reactions: Thruxrider

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a really cheap sunpie led headlight from Amazon. It's a standard 7" which you'll often see listed for HD or Jeep. You will lose your running light but it will bolt up directly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I picked up a Thruxton headlight on ebay. Hopefully it’s an easy fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts