Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of folks have had their original die, curious if anyone's had the replacement die (or heard of one)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
826 Posts
please dont tell me that your new one has died?
i have never heard of a new one dying, it tends to be caused by an amount of cycl;es of heating and cooling, which eventually breaks down the coil, its looking like it takes(on average) around 14 years of regular-ish use to degrade the materials

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have never heard of a new one dying, it tends to be caused by an amount of cycl;es of heating and cooling, which eventually breaks down the coil, its looking like it takes(on average) around 14 years of regular-ish use to degrade the materials
Nope it is just fine, thanks for asking.

I was looking at the PVL one that came in and it's the same external construction as the old one, but made in the last year. Was debating whether to put the Gill part on instead. Just gathering some data points.

But if they last a good 14 years it probably won't concern me unless they're on a zimmer frame as well. ;)

The amount of threads we see with failed pick-up storys is pretty astounding tho.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That figures. My Trident was built November 93, and the pick up was changed December 07, just before I got the bike:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts