Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding on 400 South (70+) in rush our traffic this morning to save some time I am cured of ever needing to ride on GA interstates again.

People are a-holes around here. I hate them and their expensive european luxury cars / SUV's.

Unless you've got a fat back tire it's nearly impossible...

Sorry I needed to rant.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear you on that one, Colorado interstates ain't much better..... It's like asking to be a pancake.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Met a guy on Sat night who was visiting from Atlanta. Said he landed in DC around 5pm Friday and had to get from the airport to his hotel.

I said "Rush hour in DC? Welcome to hell".

He said "The traffic in Atlanta is hell. What ya'll have here is the 7th layer of hell."

·
Registered
292 Posts
Try Detroit. If the driver isn't just plain ******g stupid, they're trying to kill you. Back roads, no difference. I'm riding an '07 Bonnie Black because some idiot shot across the double yellow in a curve and hit me head on. I was doing 50mph on my '05 Bonnie Black. I became superman and, well, my Bonnie didn't.

Trust no one on more than 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Here is some bad advise

This sounds crazzy but :

ride 5-10 over the fastest cage out there

stay in the show me left hand lane as much as possible

why? They can only get you from the right or behind.

ride fast and they will not get your rear, probably so just watch the right like a hawk and stay out of side by side and the blind spots.

This just limits the number of ways they can get you, and you do not have to watch both sides.

The downside, You risk a big ticket, and for every 10 mph your energy doubles in a crash.

Cops seem to ticket the show me lane a little less, dangerous for them working through traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts