Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Eggs on Rice Crispies actually sounds good to me. Maybe a bit like eating grits - puffy grits.

Someone mentioned peanut butter and mayo. That's a good sandwich. Add either pickles or sliced banana.

Almost every morning, I saute a mountain of chopped baby spinach and two large cloves of garlic in some olive oil, and mix in two beaten eggs less than a minute later. The greens shrink to about 10% of their original bulk, and the resulting omelet is delicious.

My mother used to make a sandwich out of anything left over in the fridge. Meatloaf sandwiches with mustard are pretty scrummy!

·
Registered
246 Posts
And here I thought my 4 eggs (raw) 1 Bannana , 1 cup of oats mixed in a blender and chased with a red bull was good but WOW , now there are more morning fuels for the soul THANKS

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I don't know where I picked it up, but for as long as I can remember I like to dip my toast in my orange juice before I eat it.

I understand it sounds crazy and people look at me like I'm retarded when I do it, but it taste good to me.
When I was a kid I spent my summer vacations at my Grandparents' farm. One of my favorite breakfasts was(and still is) "eggs over easy", and I liked to dip my toast into the yoke. One morning when I was about 10 years old, my Grandfather told me to enjoy it now because when I was all grown up I wouldn't be able to dunk my toast like that. I remember telling him that when I became a grownup I'd be able to do anything I wanted. :)

Well, although I can't do quite everything I want, I still do dunk my toast in my egg yoke.:D

Walt

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Walt, my ex-wife called over-easy eggs "dippy eggs," which I thought was cute. I love 'em. In fact, when I have an egg sandwich, I try to undercook the egg just enough so the yoke will run a little over the bread.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ah! Eggs over easy! :)
Twenty years ago I lived in Los Angeles in a Mexican neighborhood and learned to make an incredible salsa by fire-roasting small yellow chiles and a tomato. Add some fresh garlic and salt to this in a blender and gently pulse. Spoon over runny eggs and dab with a freshly made flour tortilla. MMmmm!

Back then, as well, I'd have it with a couple pork chops and sliced avocado and home-made refried beans (not the commercially canned kind). It was all very authentic Mexican style and all very scrumptious! :D

If you're without this salsa (not just any salsa will do!) then you might try just sprinkling copious amount of cayenne powder over your eggs for a treat. I sometimes will do this with soft-boiled eggs, too, and it is yummy! :)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Every once in a while I have to hit a certain chain restaurant for breakfast. Cracker Barrel, for those of you who live outside the country or actually value your cardiovascular system, is a home style cooking chain. There's lots of 'gee shucks, y'all' on the menu. Lunch and dinner are pretty good, but I love their breakfasts. The last time I was there for breakfast, I had eggs, grits, toast, bacon, sausage, ham, a pancake, candied apples, and tea. I wanted some biscuits and gravy too, but one must show some form of restraint. :D There's always next time.

The way I ate at the super bowl party yesterday, I'm getting stuffed just typing this. :p

Sparky, your post made me realize I hadn't brought up breakfast burritos. Sounded awful to me at first, but one bite... Eggs, some hash brows (not too much), cheese, green chile, and bacon or sausage. That'll keep you going for hours.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I agree with you HiDesert. You, sir, obviously have excellent taste in restaurants... and menu choices. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorites, including the Mama's Pancake breakfast, Uncle Herschel's Favorite, etc!

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I like a Dingo's breakfast, which is a pee & a look around.:p

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Oatmeal with stuff in it is always good. This morning I finished up the last of the whole-berry cranberry sauce from christmas in my oatmeal.
My dad used to make what he called scrabble - I think it was his idea of scrabble, not the traditional stuff. He made grits, threw the grits and a couple of hotdogs in the blender, poured the resulting mixture in a loaf pan and let it harden in the fridge. he would then take it out, cut it in 1/2" thick slices and fry it until crisp around the edges. He would then eat it with maple syrup. I never really did like it.......

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
food

Oatmeal with stuff in it is always good. This morning I finished up the last of the whole-berry cranberry sauce from christmas in my oatmeal.
My dad used to make what he called scrabble - I think it was his idea of scrabble, not the traditional stuff. He made grits, threw the grits and a couple of hotdogs in the blender, poured the resulting mixture in a loaf pan and let it harden in the fridge. he would then take it out, cut it in 1/2" thick slices and fry it until crisp around the edges. He would then eat it with maple syrup. I never really did like it.......
Hey Tucson,
Darned if that's not a version of the old Pensylvania Dutch "scrapple" which is basically Pork scraps and trimmings from the butchering process, mixed with cornmeal and flour and spices, it's also called mush in some places but your dad's version is just as good. Scrapple is great stuff, fried in a skillet along with a couple eggs and some hash browns or taters....old northern yankee food....

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Mmmm, scrapple. Great as a sort of hambuger, with an english muffin as the bun. Much like Taylor Pork Roll in that way. Did I say mmm?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Scrapple is pretty tasty, When i visit the folks down south i make it a point to get some, not readily available here (up north).

Im a big fan of the breakfast burrito ....make em' all the time :drool
Eggs with hot sauce, cayenne all the above......so good.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im sitting here eating a strange breakfast, something my step father passed on to me, claimed it was a recipe from the Great Depression era. A bowl of rice krispies (no milk) and a couple fried eggs (over easy). Mix it all up so the yolk runs all over the krispies, lil salt a pepper, maybe a sliver of butter and eat up. Taste like eggs on toast but easier to eat.
good god..........

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Breakfast is a sh1t, a shower and a shave. Sometimes skip the shower. Don't always shave neither.;):eek::D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im sitting here eating a strange breakfast, something my step father passed on to me, claimed it was a recipe from the Great Depression era. A bowl of rice krispies (no milk) and a couple fried eggs (over easy). Mix it all up so the yolk runs all over the krispies, lil salt a pepper, maybe a sliver of butter and eat up. Taste like eggs on toast but easier to eat.

Anyone have any strange combination's? Something people usually raise an eyebrow at, question your sanity, or just an uncommon meal not found in restaurants or cook books. Feeling up for trying something new.
Actually a good depression recipe is peas sautéed with onions and chopped bacon over pasta.
For an upscale desert Crème Brulee with a dark chocolate bar and seltzer.
Good bike food is venison jerky, cashews and grapes.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Variations on a theme

Now you've got me thinking that some venison scrapple might be a bust ass breakfast side....now where did i put that venison backstrap?........:D

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
On all-day rides I tend to like cornnuts and Mountain Dew. Any time of day. I got some road food for Xmas, slim jim sort of snacks that are alligator, emu, elk, and buffalo. None of them taste like chicken and might be usable for scrapple!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts