Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sitting here eating a strange breakfast, something my step father passed on to me, claimed it was a recipe from the Great Depression era. A bowl of rice krispies (no milk) and a couple fried eggs (over easy). Mix it all up so the yolk runs all over the krispies, lil salt a pepper, maybe a sliver of butter and eat up. Taste like eggs on toast but easier to eat.

Anyone have any strange combination's? Something people usually raise an eyebrow at, question your sanity, or just an uncommon meal not found in restaurants or cook books. Feeling up for trying something new.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Dunno that mine is unusual but I just sat down to eat steel cut oats with blueberries, banana, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, wheat germ and wheat bran, honey and hemp milk. It's super tasty! I'm out of dark cherries, which are my favorite, so I went with the blueberries. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Two slices of bread, a can of Brisling sardines, and a fat slab of onion. Now that's a sandwich!!

OTOH, my sis-in-law eats peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches... claims they're tasty, but I ain't buyin' it.

XLX

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't know where I picked it up, but for as long as I can remember I like to dip my toast in my orange juice before I eat it.

I understand it sounds crazy and people look at me like I'm retarded when I do it, but it taste good to me.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
My kids seem to be entirely free of preconceived notions about what constitutes a worthwhile breakfast. Pot stickers, spaghetti, almost anything. Not fun to come into the kitchen and smell at 7:00.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
You can't beat porridge, sets you up for the day and none of that processed rubbish. Porridge oats (large) water, micorwave for 4 mins, spoon of sugar on the top and a bit of milk mixed in. Heaven:D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I grew up eating lard and onion sandwiches. We renderred the lard ourselves when we made sausage- everything but the squeel!

Yesterday morning i had a slice of warm apple pie with cheddar cheese and bacon! Yummy. :D

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
I'll have this to start off my day please...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...I'm going to miss these breakfasts :drool Although I did have to give this cafe one mark down for not having any blood pudding.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Kinda boring

Every morning:
1 cup of oatmeal microwaved for 1 minute 25 seconds
1 large banana which I cut up and put in the oatmeal
1 cup of coffee
1 large glass of water

I guess that's not that strange or unusual. I do get looks when I show up at my favorite diner with a large banana in my pocket.:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm, you guys are stranger than i thought:D

The Salami and apple thing? im gonna try that

Apple pie with cheddar and bacon? i'll try that to

peanut butter and mayo? no thanks

anything with lard? nope

Sparky's concoction ? that sounds delicious

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Dunno that mine is unusual but I just sat down to eat steel cut oats with blueberries, banana, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, wheat germ and wheat bran, honey and hemp milk. It's super tasty! I'm out of dark cherries, which are my favorite, so I went with the blueberries. :)
I'm with you on that! Steel cut oats and fruit together with toasted Ezekiel bread. A nice healthy dose of slow burning carbs to keep me going until supper.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Good Lord Spark...you must satisfy the carnivore still resting deep inside. Steak and eggs for you tomorrow morning; steak extra, extra rare so the blood drips out with each bite! Then go for a good ride and take notice to the attack mode you will suddenly be in!!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Once a weekend it's this

but an hours ride away they do the mega big breckie for €19.99 (and if you manage it within 30 minutes - it's on the house :eek:)

NOOOOO - this is not me :cool:

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Right now just bread and butter is good. I have a Baker in the house! :) Fresh bread home made. Wow. Maybe a slice of ham or a bit of cheese to go with it, plus coffee.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Nodster

Hubby says no problem just lead him to it, I can't believe that breakfast, my god there are six eggs. Thats enough for four people.......

I'm stunned:eek:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Good Lord Spark...you must satisfy the carnivore still resting deep inside. Steak and eggs for you tomorrow morning; steak extra, extra rare so the blood drips out with each bite! Then go for a good ride and take notice to the attack mode you will suddenly be in!!!!
Something like this?:Eating
Hey, I'm naturally a vicious beast (aka b!+%h) who needs to constantly check myself against aggressive attack modes. Eating a cow could weigh me down on my bike and have the opposite effect. Wouldn't want to take that chance! :D

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
You got the idea Sparky!! Just make sure to growl when you rip the flesh from the bone and then elbow down on the throttle with the same exact growl...:laughhard

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Porridge

You can't beat porridge, sets you up for the day and none of that processed rubbish. Porridge oats (large) water, micorwave for 4 mins, spoon of sugar on the top and a bit of milk mixed in. Heaven:D
Not to mention a few currants or rasins and a dab of clotted cream in the middle...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts