Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Do you want separate or a combined cruiser Chat Forum ?

• I would like a combined Cruiser Chat forum for all the Triumph cruisers

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I would like separate chat forums as at present

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • I would like another option - Post your option in this thread.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you've all probably noticed you now have your own Cruiser area on the site. The Mod team would like to know if you would like a central Cruiser Chat forum where all the different model Triumph cruisers could get together - America -Rocket III - Speedmaster - Thunderbird or stay in separate chat forums as you are now, America-Speedmaster Chat and Thunderbird Chat (temporarily renamed Cruiser Chat). The Rocket III guys would stay as they are in their own forum.

We believe as a cruiser group there are benefits to you all as a combined chat forum to exchange ideas as one cruiser community, we would then merge the two chat rooms into one.

We would also create an America and Speedmaster Tech forum to house the two tech sub-forums and pic gallery relating to these bikes.

However we would like your views and have opened this poll to see what you would like. Please join in, this is a chance to shape your forum.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
I kind of like it the way it is. If anything, the BA and SM have more in common with the modern classics rather than the RIII and TBird.

·
Registered
280 Posts
By including all cruisers the forum would get a bit "busy".
This is a bit like the other R3 sites, lot of threads and posts.
Good thing, bad thing, I suppose there are points for and against but I am happy the way iot is.

My 2c worth

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think ideally it would be nice to keep them separate, but have a generic cruiser forum that shows all the posts from the different cruiser forums. That way you have a choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
well ... I have both an America and Thunderbird, and the America engine, gear box, etc are similar to the Bonnies, therefore many of the technical threads I go to the Twin's Technical Talk, I like going to the Twins Site for everything America.

I could see the Thunderbird and the Rocket together, well because they are one of kind bikes, and related in they are both MONSTERS :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As indicated we have sub-forum links directly into the Twin Tech Forum from the America-Speedmaster Forum, this is because of the commonality of these bikes.

It's recognised that some chat among the various models would still occur within their own forums but for general cruiser chat they could discuss this in a Cruiser Chat Forum for all cruisers.

The forum format would be this:

(a)
Cruiser Chat
(General cruiser chat forum for America - Rocket III -Speedmaster - Thunderbird Twin)

(b)
America - Speedmaster Technical Forum
(Technical and general chat relating to the America & Speedmaster cruisers)

(c)
Rocket III Science Forum
(Technical and general chat relating to the Rocket III range)

(d)
Thunderbird Technical Forum
(Technical and general chat relating to the Thunderbird Twin)

Or we just scrap the proposed Cruiser Chat forum (a) and just have the (b) (c) and (d) forums.

Or we just leave everything as it is and rename the existing Cruiser Chat back to Thunderbird Chat.

Unfortunately the poll doesn't reflect these 3 suggestions so we'll just have to see what the majority want of either a main change or stay as we are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Another vote here for keeping them separate. Owning a Thrux as well, reading two distinct forums works for me. Combining "cruisers" would make for a very busy read.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The poll is closed, the trend is to remain as is without a central cruise chat forum (all the other individual model forums would have retained their individual chat in any case).

·
Registered
590 Posts
Keep separate

We own two Speedmasters. One had carbs and the other EFI. There is more relevance with the Bonneville Twins than there is with the Rocket or Thunderbird. The only commonality betweeen them is the classification.

H.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...that's why there are sub-forum links in the America-Speedmaster chat forum direct to the Twins Tech Forum and Twins Documentation Library.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like the Thunderbird forum as it was. I understand combining the tech forum with the general for each class of bike. The Rocket has very little in common with the 'Bird. Number of cylinders, final drive, weight etc... The demographics of the riders is similar. The personal tastes of the riders determine which class of machine they choose.

My 2 cents,

56R

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the input, which was valuable to us. We are always open to suggestions in ways to improve the site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts