Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those Joisey Triumpheros in striking distance, there's a pretty good Cruise Night in TR, second Wed. of each month thru Sept.
The first is next Wed, May 13., With decent weather, we'll get 80 bikes and 150 cars. Oldest so far is a 1912 T, weirdest a 1927 Stanley Steamer.
Best,
Redhawk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There was a good bunch there, mostly Hog Iron, of course, but some odd stuff. A buddy showed up on a '71 350 Yammie two stroke, another on a '60s BMW Rennsport replica. Never know what will appear. There was a 1925 Indian last year, a classic "barn find", unrestored, but running well, and we usually get a couple Commandos and a 750 Hurricane. Not real exotic, but fun.
I was wrong about the Stanley, it's a 1917 7 seat tourer. Lots of 50s-60s cars, more '57 Chebbies than you can shake a stick at. There's a judging, but nobody much cares.
Last year, a Latino family was looking at the Thrux, and their little girl, a 4 yo Muppet is pointing and chattering far too fast for my poor Spanish to follow. I asked, "Te gusta motocicletas?" (Do you like motorcycles?) She thinks on it a few seconds, and replies, "No, me gusta Amarillo." (no, I like yellow!)
Next one is June 10th.
http://www.downtowntomsriver.com/cruisin/cruisin1.htm
Redhawk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts