Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's highly unlikely that the bike is already set up for it. If it would be, why would Triumph not offer it as an option? It would be illogical not to offer it.

I share your sentiments though. I did not buy this bike for touring but even short stints on the interstate I wish I had cruise control.
Would be especially helpful here with how bumpy the highways are. The ride-by-wire is pretty sensitive and every bump my wrist twists the throttle a little causing little tiny surges sometimes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Would be especially helpful here with how bumpy the highways are. The ride-by-wire is pretty sensitive and every bump my wrist twists the throttle a little causing little tiny surges sometimes.
Agreed. Try using the rain mode. It should mellow out the throttle response.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Personally I much prefer the larger knob on the Kaoko over the Throttlemeister. I know they both have models that will work for the Street Triple even if they haven’t specifically been confirmed by them and are sold as such. It’s just a matter of measuring and contacting them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm looking forward to a well-integrated throttle-lock solution.

That said, I have to add that the post above about the ability to add it to the software as it sits is absolutely correct. The fact that the bike is throttle-by-wire entails a state of affairs in which a software signal could hold a specific mph/kph. The lack of CC on the new 765 is simply a decision to not include it in the software. There really isn't even the need for an additional switch as the rocker switch could be programmed to perform that function as well.

It's marketing and customer segment-driven (as a choice) - simply and completely.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
That can be said for every feature however. You have different models specifically because you want to appeal to different people.

As for the cruise. Let’s say it’s in the ECU. I’m sure it’s not but let’s say it is. That would still leave the need for the control assembly i.e. on/off, accel/decel. That would require a different wiring harness and would the CAN BUS even recognize that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's doable.

The Bobber I rode today had a single button for its CC. Set the speed using the throttle and click to maintain it.

Then relax.

Most important function of a proper CC (apart from maintaining your speed) is to shut off when you need it to - essentially, on throttle, clutch or brake input. That's how the Bobber CC worked. It has no "overtake and restore set speed" feature, the moment you open the throttle (or pull the clutch / use either brake) it switches off.

I wouldn't trust a throttle lock.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The BMW S1000R & S1000RR does have it :wink2:
So does the Speed Triple! Maybe that got it 'coz its the top of the range flagship model and the Street didn't get it 'coz its the budget lightweight.

And T are probably holding it back for a mid-life update of the 765 models in about a year, along with all the other electronics the Speed & Tiger 1200 have already. Sadly a business strategy that isn't guaranteed to work - much like a woman waiting to get implants until after her husband has legged it with "that busty goer from accounts"!

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you look at my post on the Brakeaway Cruise Control, I manage to get it working on the 765R even tho it is not designed for this year model. After further testing, the bike's high freq vibes loosen the friction on the lock above 65mph which required adjusting the friction on the cam-lock to the max. After that the throttle response was too hard.

I order the Atlas Throttle Lock gen2 but I haven't been able to install it because my bike is in the shop getting the new switch housing.

The closest you could get to a "cruise control like" device where it would disengage if the front, rear & clutch were activated is the Easy Ride but it is not compatible with the 765.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts