Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
You mean a *true* cruise control or just something to relieve your right hand temporarily? Throttlemeister is probably the most popular "place holder" for the Rocket but that's all it is.

On 2006-11-26 00:00, Lancelot wrote:
I just got my baby back from the shop and now want to outfit it for next season. Any suggestuons on cruise controls.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I spent the dough on the Throttlemeister but unless you are traveling on a 'flat as a pancake' type road, your speed will go up or down with the rise and fall of the roadway...

I then 'discovered' the $9 plastic Throttle Rocket device..this just velcroes onto your throttle and enables you to just rest your palm on it and control the throttle giving your fingers as much relax time as you want..

If I had to do it all over again, I'd save the bucks on the Throttlemeister and just get the $9 device.
Hope that helps.. and now you have more of your hard earned money to spend elsewhere!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might interest you...
TBird

http://www.r3owners.com/viewtopic.php?t=2588&highlight=cruise+control

ALREADY READ THAT. That guy is a serious mechanic. He is better than the professionals I would go to in order to have my bike fixed.

I would worry that they could never accomplish his craftmanship. Also -- if his system breaks, he is able to fix it himself.

I was looking for a system that comes out of the box similar to the HD cruise controls so that any semi-compitent triumph mechanic - not a true artist like honker, could install it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts