Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a cruise control mounted on their speed triple. I ride long distances and need relief. Any suggestions? NEP? Throttle rocker? Kaoko Cruise Control System?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I should mention, i have an R6 throttle tube on my bike, which makes this conversion easier (think i paid $12 for it). The R6 tube is smooth instead of having ridges like the stock tube.

Normaly the cruise unit is held in place by putting the tabs between the throttle cables i believe, but the one broken tab worked to my advantage and i was just able to use a zip-tie to hold it to the housing for the throttle cables. I tried getting a few pics to show how it is mounted and looks, but im not a photographer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A bunch of guys I ride with use a really stout o-ring, one specific to catapillar brand equipment. They have bar ends that meet flush up to the diameter of their grips, and at speed they simply roll it into the crease of the grip and the bar end. Holds the throttle grip in place but doesn't lock it into place for the just in case. For the speed3, one would have to purchase some after market bar ends that are the same or close to the same diameter as the grips, and then invest in a 30 cent heavy o-ring and done.

Cheap and it works...;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I installed the Kaoko. Installation was more or less a snap. I went on a brief ride and it did hold the throttle in place nicely.

The only issue is that I'm not really adept at turning the dial yet while holding the throttle open, but I've got a long ride coming tomorrow morning, so maybe I can figure it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have the universal vista cruise (simple to install and remove) and just did a 1600+ mile round trip to new orleans and back. it's not perfect, as i had to adjust it a lot (especially when it got hill-y), but it is easily the best 30 bucks i could have spent!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts