Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

CRK cafe racer kits for Sprint 955i

9K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  Kevans 714 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post so unfortunately I can't provide links. I couldn't find any direct mention of this so thought I'd ask if anyone has tried, plans to plans to try, or knows a bit about the cafe racer kits for the Sprint 955i at Cafe Racer Kits (CRK) that they released this year. It looks like a nice option down the track for my somewhat blemished '01 . Check the galleries section on the site and there is also a youtube vid. All insights welcome.

Cheers
Jim

#3 ·
Sorry I absolutely hate that cafe racer fairing, it would look better with nothing or one of those fly screens off the Street Cup. My opinion only.???????

#4 · (Edited)
Sorry I absolutely hate that cafe racer fairing, it would look better with nothing or one of those fly screens off the Street Cup. My opinion only.[emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785][emoji1785]
I like it. It reminds me of the Fairing on the Paul Smart edition Ducati.

The front turn signals would not be installed. The way they have them, they look like an afterthought. I also see there are no mirrors, I guess you are suppose to use bar end mirrors. There is no mention of rear sets. I guess you have to supply your own.

#7 ·
It would look better with a round 7" headlight in the fairing. I gather this is a work in progress.
There was a guy in New York back in the late 90s. He did a custom rebuild on a BMW R100. He strengthened the main frame, tailored the subframe to fit him, etc. He used a similar fairing with one of those type headlights. He eve off centered the light. I assume that is a projector lens. I think he mostly built it to race, but I guess he wanted it to be street legal as well.

With the Sprint ST having dual headlights, I guess two made sense.

#8 ·
I really like that subframe and tail section... I'm curious how close the subframe mounting points on the 955 frame are to the '05+ 1050 frame... would save me quite a bit of time in fabrication to buy theirs rather than fabricate all my own.

#9 ·
Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, but I really like the stripped down idea of the cafe racer with a set of clips and rear sets just not big on the 50's style racing fairings, just looks old hat to me! I feel the same about the Bobber phenomenon Ahh now there's an idea that no ones done yet! Sprint Bobber!!!!!!????????

#13 ·
It looks like they're going after the old Norton Production Racer/Dunstall look.
I would add a set of repro 70s Lucas turn signals, get a 7" round headlight in that fairing and some round, folding knurled aluminum foot pegs and maybe one of the round stop lights that says STOP on it.
Either that or black CEV signals and round tail light from the 70s Guzzis.
Add some carbon fiber bits and you'll have something guaranteed to make you ride it for a little bit and then realize that it sure does look great but boy, is it ever murder in traffic.

#14 ·
It looks like they're going after the old Norton Production Racer/Dunstall look.
I would add a set of repro 70s Lucas turn signals, get a 7" round headlight in that fairing and some round, folding knurled aluminum foot pegs and maybe one of the round stop lights that says STOP on it.
Either that or black CEV signals and round tail light from the 70s Guzzis.
Add some carbon fiber bits and you'll have something guaranteed to make you ride it for a little bit and then realize that it sure does look great but boy, is it ever murder in traffic.
Now, now. Not everyone hates the lean forward seating position. [emoji41]

#16 ·
Hi, another new member here!

I’ve bought one of these kits (the first one apparently) and I’m currently fitting it to my crash damaged 99 sprint st that I’m renovating.

I don’t like the front end either and I’ve got a 7” led head light (with possibly a smaller fairing) that I’ll be fitting, and when I went to their open day earlier this year they said that they couldn’t get the front half of it quite right so they wouldn’t be selling them for a while.

Sorry if the picture is a bit dark but I took it at the end of a long day!

Attachments

#21 ·
Getting there slowly!

I don’t like their front fairing so I’ve gone for a 7” headlight in the style of the original speed triple, which meant that I had nowhere to hide the relays, so I used a moto gadget m unit and rewired the bike.

I need to finish off painting the rear fairing, sorting exhaust bracket and refurbishing the front and rear brakes, then a little bit of tidying up bits and pieces and it should be ready for an MOT and back on the road, but the weather and Christmas coming has reduced my time in the garage for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Have you got any pictures of the headlight and what clocks / speedo are you using ?
I have opted for the subframe and seat module and front mudguard but was going to use a screen from thruxton or cup with a single dial . Haven’t decided yet though
Any help would be great

#24 ·
Headlight and bracket are from eBay, I’m using the original clocks in the crk clock bracket, and the original st handlebars. I’ve had to modify the crk clock bracket slightly to fit the throttle cable, I’ll take some pictures and put them up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.