Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing CRG lanesplitter mirrors on my 2008 S3. I need to know if I will need the adapters to make them work since I have the new style bars that come on the 2008? I tried to remove my barends but could only get the bolt out which makes me assume that I have hollow bars with some sort of plug holding in the end. What do I need the adapters or will the mirrors mount on the stock barends? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The stock bar ends will work with the CRG's, but the CRG adapter has a lip that will keep the mirror on if it somehow becomes loose. The way to remove the bar end is to thread the bolt back in a couple of turns, then whack the bolt with a hammer. that will release the wedge in the bar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Anyone know what size bolts that i need to replace in the holes where the stock mirrors use to be? Length, size, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine (CRG LS) from podium superbike on ebay for $74.95 each with free shipping. That was the best price I could find.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I found rubber mirror hole plugs at Autozone for $1.29 for a pack of six.. They fit perfect and are flush and lightweight. It worked on the left side. On the right, I needed a bolt to hold the brake fluid reservoir bracket so I went to the hardware store and found a black M10 bolt that worked great. I've forgotten the thread pitch. That was about $1. Bring in the old mirrors and they'll match the thread.

I am running the CRG Hindsight non-lane splitters and love them. I thought about the LS's but didn't want another joint. I haven't clipped them yet but I've come close. I put them on my stock Triumph bar ends. Works sweet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Try searching, the stock mirror bolt topic has been covered at length, and there are many usefull solutions. Personally, I tracked down the right size/thread bolts from a local fasteners suplier, add a little paint and bob's your uncle :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try searching, the stock mirror bolt topic has been covered at length, and there are many usefull solutions. Personally, I tracked down the right size/thread bolts from a local fasteners suplier, add a little paint and bob's your uncle :)
A search for mirror bolt isn't turning up much in the S3 forums.

Does anyone know the size, threading, etc for a replacement bolt? If not when I figure it out I'll post what I used.

Update: It's an M10 Fine Thread (1.25 pitch) bolt, I couldn't find anything smaller than a 20 which is too large, I expect a 15 would fit fine, probably even a 10. (I just spun a nut on as a spacer for the time being).

Now I just have to deal with the ugly post sticking up on the left :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts