Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike I have came with some trashed lane splitters, and I was assured from a dealership that the Napoleon from Triumph would "bolt right up" with the existing holes from the CRG's. I'm in a different state then my bike and parts are right now, and from what it sounds like from the person who is with my parts and bike, the bolt that comes with the Triumph Napoleons is way smaller than the existing hole from the CRG's.

Anybody went from the Lane splitters to the Triumph mirrors?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry for the waste of time.

I'm in a crunch. I have about 10 hours to put the Thrux back together and ride it 1400 miles home in 2 days to go back to work, I'm just being ridiculous about the whole thing. I was sent pictures, all I have to do is ream out the inside of the mirror where the bolt meets the plastic adapter, the plastic adapter itself, and replace the mirror screw with the CRG.

Shoot me a private message and I'll arrange giving you the minute of your life back.

And if anybody wants these mirrors, let me know. One of them is fine, one of them will take a little sanding.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neuroboy got at me shortly after I posted this thread. The CRG's are all his. I might be switching out the Triumph Napoleon bar ends for the Round Halycons (sp?) soon. I'll also be switching a bunch of stuff around, and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with these square brushed amber lights, the seat, and as soon as I polish the old covers, I might unload the new ones I bought to replace them with. Watch the classifieds.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll see!

I straight shotted it in my car with the help of Subway, black tea, pumpkin seeds, and 3 empty gatorade bottles.

I figure I'll shoot for 2, but will probably make it in 3, which isn't so bad.

1400 miles in 2 days? That's going to be a hard ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sadomasochism.

I'm definitely not doing this for fun. I do think I can knock it out in under 24 hours, though. Start at the crack of dawn, and I should be able to get more than 14 hours of sunlight out of the day if I play my cards right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts