Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry if this is redundant - did a search and came up with nothing..

I think I've made a rookie mistake. I've got my new CRG bar-end mirror along with the billet internal adapters, and it looks as though they fit bars up to 7/8".

But, my Bellacorse Western bars have a 1" diameter. Before I try installing these and make a mess of it, I thought I'd ask whether anyone had done so successfully, or do I have to rethink this?

Thanks!!!

Graham

·
Registered
510 Posts
Quote from Newbonneville -

"For hollow bars, you'll need the CRG Internal Bar Adapter."

I just asked them and that was their response regarding what adaptor was needed for hollow 1" bars.

I was also curious as I'm looking to pick up some of those mirrors as well and have an aftermarket hollow drag bar

Cheers -

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I fitted CRG mirrors in my 1" Superbars w/ no problems (2 yrs ago and they haven't budged a bit).

If you have all the parts shown in the pic below, I don't know why yours would be any different. :confused:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I put CRG's on my 1" bars when I had my Bonneville. There is only 1/8" difference overall meaning just 1/16" on each side. I believe I used some old copper shim material wrapped loose around the expander and they worked fine for me.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I cut up a soft drink can to make the shim strips and wrapped it a few times around the assenbly to tighten up the crg's on my 1" bars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I fitted CRG mirrors in my 1" Superbars w/ no problems (2 yrs ago and they haven't budged a bit).

If you have all the parts shown in the pic below, I don't know why yours would be any different. :confused:

This adapter will work... Wrap a rubber band around it before the install. This will help keep all parts in place and act as a spacer. Did this on mine and they are as tight as can be.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the install, and the mirrors fit perfectly. Thanks for the great insights - what a great resource this site is!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts