Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was.....It always seems to start like that doesn't it? Anyway there I was getting off of work on a beautiful 75 degree day.(last thursday). There is a stoplight just on the edge of Liberty missouri that seems to enlist all of my primordial and obviously everyone elses urges to drag! I pull up to a three lane stoplight (far right petters out after about 100 yards) Pull up in the center lane, and just wait! Now generaly it is usualy a teenager or twenty somethin in a grocery/kid/something mobile. But in this case a beautiful Targa turbo! Two smartly dressed suits setting and what looked like a friendly conversation on what type of bike was I ridding. He reved the engine up, not alot just enough to tell me there was something other than a fourbanger 16 valve somethinorother under the hood or bonnet in back with the most curious whistling noise when reved. Ok so I am hooked on the instant gratifing thrill of lets rock! The light turns green..I did not give it my all at first not really knowing if he is gonna go for it, Almost lost it right there! Man what they say is true about some German autos...friggin bullets...second gear 10 grand he is right with me.....third gear 8grand still there....Am I gonna loose this? there went eleven grand just in a nick of time to fourth. Throttle full,face trying to get inside the tank, legs in...half a carlength to fifth, *****! again 8grand to 11 then sixthand hell with the R's 145 and climbing, full carlength back and then OH SHISA! forgot about stoplight up ahead before 435 hiway. Doin the brake/downshift/buttpucker dance and then I am stopped! Ok at this point I am thinkin whats this thirty somthin/exectype that prob makes more than me in one day than I do in a year gonna say when he pulls up on my left.....I look over and the guy has a big grin on his face and gives me a thumbs up and mouths the words "Good Job" I wave back and hold up two fingers and yelled thru a full face "Wanna Try For Two?) he smiles and waves me off. Oops this guy's not a ******* but a gentalman racer? Gonna sock this one away for a real stressfull day at the office and just remember.......the Targa that almost won.....ALMOST....sean...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hahahaha! that's great! good get man!
i worted off a local "non-trimuph rat bike with crasher cages around it for stunting recently. we let go off the stop light with an un-unannounced "lets race", and as SOON as i hear him hit it, i gave my triple the gate of hell. wide open.
i managed to keep his hi-reving wasp off my ass, then at the final stop light, he looks over and is totally grinning giving me the "nod" of "yeah , that was sweet!"

that was my first race after break-in. i think he was giving me the thumbs for keeping my front wheel planted as much as possible down the strip. (because it was lifting in every gear damnit)...it was great!
:)
thanks for the story orca.
-b

[ This message was edited by: zooplancton on 2006-11-10 21:09 ]

·
Registered
278 Posts
those kind of stories always make me smile. it's like being in high school again when i had my '85 monte carlo.

can't say that i have had a good drag since i came to virginia. :cool: :-D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let you guys know! 85 degrees Wed 75 degrees Thursday....42 degrees friday now 28 degrees saturday! Lets ride!!!!!!!.sean..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah ORCA....weird weather this week in the midwest. It was 72 here yesterday and this morning mid-30's. It's almost like waking up in a different region of the country. I'm thinking that was the last of the 70's for the year here though.

Great story also.

·
Registered
973 Posts
28 degrees,lets ride, no thanks. See ya in the spring. Great story, i can just see it going down. Makes my knees get that wierd feelin. BTW, what the hell is a Targa? :-D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2006-11-11 10:02, itchin wrote:
28 degrees,lets ride, no thanks. See ya in the spring. Great story, i can just see it going down. Makes my knees get that wierd feelin. BTW, what the hell is a Targa? :-D
Its a Porshe or porsche or somekindagermanyuppimobile! but fast! I enjoy a good drag but most have never given this kinda ride. Feeet are still shakin!..sean

·
Registered
231 Posts
On 2006-11-11 09:47, milqster wrote:
Yeah ORCA....weird weather this week in the midwest. It was 72 here yesterday and this morning mid-30's. It's almost like waking up in a different region of the country. I'm thinking that was the last of the 70's for the year here though.

Great story also.
Yeah same with me. All week it's been hovering around 5*F. Today it was 14*F. SHORTS WEATHER!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts