Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at different sets of crash bars for the 955i and keep running into the same thing. The upper end of them usually bolts on to one of the engine mounts up high, but the lower part of the bars bolts onto the engine case. I worry about bumping into things and cracking the case. You'd think that even a little nudge could tweak things enough that you'd lose engine oil from around the bolts.

Anybody have experience with this or any suggestions?

Thanksnull

[ This message was edited by: zebulonsmith on 2007-01-02 08:27 ]

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I have got Touratech bars fitted to mine and so far i have been 'down' four times (one time was a pretty hard fall on a diesel spill at 30 mph) and i can report that i have had no problems with leakage or loosened bolts at all.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dropped my bike 4 times so far and the Touratechs have done a very good job, they are looking a little beat up though
:-D

No damage at all to engine case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I noticed that the Touratech bars stay snug into the engine rather than stick way out. I imagine that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Go for the Touratech one's. They do the job (I know) without looking like a plumbers nightmare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts