Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Binned my 07 Sprint at the track the other day. :( Took it out for a bit of fun but didn't expect some tosser to bin his GSXR1000 at T11 and spill coolant all over the track. :mad:

Unfortunately I came round just after and me and another 2 bikes hit the coolant and went straight down. It was under a yellow flag so we were going pretty slow but the bike slid down the track on its L/H side.

Plastics are in getting welded & painted and should have these back in a couple of weeks. Picked up the needs parts from the wreckers but need a riders peg and gear lever.

The stator cover has some scraps but after reading a previous post I will take this off to check the wiring.

I think I will stick to the track bike at the track in future :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Sorry to read about your off.

I'm curious. Was the yellow for the down GSXR, and was the "coolant" straight water or something else? The tracks here are very specific about what you are allowed for coolant.

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
HI OND as far as I know it will be regular coolant.

BART that is a bugger but you are ok by the sound of it and have things well in hand to get her back together.

Good luck with getting the missing bits:)

Cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sorry to hear about the off.

Don't they require that all fluids be unable to leak prior to allowing you on the track to avoid this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Most places you're only allowed to run water wetter.
Many tracks on the West Coast leave this decision up to the track day organizer. Some organizers have "no glycol based coolant" policies, but just as many don't. They all run at the same tracks. Go figure.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Plastics are in getting welded & painted and should have these back in a couple of weeks. Picked up the needs parts from the wreckers but need a riders peg and gear lever.
Who are you using for repairs of the fairing and how much did they quote you, if you don't mind me asking? I need to paint my left side as well.

The only place I found that some times has pegs for our bikes is http://stores.ebay.com.au/Liverpool-Bike-Wreckers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

and there are a few parts on USA ebay at the moment! I looked around for a while and ended up buying new in Au :( I did ride with rear peg on the front for a while, works well ones you get used to the angle it mounts at.

Thanks,
GK

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who are you using for repairs of the fairing and how much did they quote you, if you don't mind me asking? I need to paint my left side as well.

The only place I found that some times has pegs for our bikes is http://stores.ebay.com.au/Liverpool-Bike-Wreckers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2QQtZkm

and there are a few parts on USA ebay at the moment! I looked around for a while and ended up buying new in Au :( I did ride with rear peg on the front for a while, works well ones you get used to the angle it mounts at.

Thanks,
GK
You should run either water or non gycol coolant at the track as it evaporates. I change my coolant when I take the bike to the track but the operators do not enforce this.

This sucker had standard coolant. The yellow flag was out as he highsided and spilt fluid was all over the track. It was right on the turn so you couldn't see it until you came round the turn and then it was too late. After 3 bikes went down the red flag came out.

You can't educate mugs :(

I have my plastics in at the following. Will cost me about $1500 and this includes the ducktail, side fairing, front fairing & guard. Mainly cracks & scratches. The colour is Capisan Blue and they had to order it in from Triumph.

Mototech Motorcycle Smash Repairs
Unit 1/69 Victoria Street
Smithfield NSW
Phone 9725 5600 John Allman

Picked up all the other stuff from Liverpool wreckers as they are local to me and I buy all my parts for my track bike there.

Need to buy a L/H riders peg & spring. New they are $120.

Will not be taking my road bike back to the track and this is why I have a cheapie track bike to have some fun with.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Binned my 07 Sprint at the track the other day. :( Took it out for a bit of fun but didn't expect some tosser to bin his GSXR1000 at T11 and spill coolant all over the track. :mad:

Unfortunately I came round just after and me and another 2 bikes hit the coolant and went straight down. It was under a yellow flag so we were going pretty slow but the bike slid down the track on its L/H side.

The stator cover has some scraps but after reading a previous post I will take this off to check the wiring.

I think I will stick to the track bike at the track in future :)
29/3?

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Sorry to hear that you dumped your bike. An expensive lesson when to use / or not use your track bike. :(

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bart;

I was just going to say what Russ did. Good thing you weren't hurt. That is always the most important thing. Never good to bugger up the sickle, but it would be much worse to be laying in the hospital along with have a rashed up bike, eh?

Klotz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts