Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at airbox removal kits and they all include a crankcase breather. Is there a crankcase breather on the stock bike? Where the heck is it? Does it need to be inspected, cleaned or replaced? I've looked in my Haynes manual and can find nothing about it. I'm thinking it's maybe part of the original airbox since it needs to be replaced. Where does the breather go if the airbox is gone? Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
the breather runs from clutch side of the bike to the air box. So go to the left side of the bike, put your hand on the top of the clutch cover then reach in further and look on the reverse side of the clutch cover area. Its a black rubber tube - oh, dunno, maybe 1/2 inch wide. It enters the engine in an area you can't directly view from the left side. Once you've located it go to the right side with a flashlight and you can see it enter the engine. No maintenance required other than to assure its there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There's a large rubber hose (19mm?) that comes out of the case, under the left side carb. It has a couple bends in it and goes into the airbox.

If you remove the airbox, you'll need a small filter to clamp onto the end of the hose. In your Haynes manual, maybe it's listed as part of the airbox rather than a crankcase item.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts