Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disliked the crankcase breather filter out side the side cover and didn't like the looks of the black rubber hose so I fabbed a copper breather line out of 1/2" tubing. Sanded and polished.
I also relocated the wires from the top of the crankcase to underneath and re-routed the fuel tank breathe hose to behind the backbone.
Really cleaned up the area.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Nice job. Copper rocks and looks good too.I made my own little breather out of pipe bits,with a couple vent holes drilled thru and some uni filter stuffed inside. No oil mist on everything like my old" normal "breather provided.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks really sweet! I like the look of copper tubing on bikes. So how is the filter attached and how is the tube attached to the crankcase? In about a month I'm going to do the airbox chop and you've given me some ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks real good. Are you going to do anything to keep it from turning green?
Really easy...
Just pull it off and Mothers will do the rest!
Solder joints were filed then sanded from 320 to 1500 grit then polished w/ Mothers...
Used two street elbows, one elbow and bingo, Blingo!
It is akin to old school bobber plumbing...
Plus I'm going for the Green and Gold motif on my bike...
Notice the gold oil cooler banjo bolts, the gold wire clip on the right gear shift cover plate below the sprocket cover...

Other gold on her, Tank Badges, Dog Bone, Seat Lettering, Gold Chain... More to come... Gold powder coat the swing arm, pin stripe fenders and side covers...

I get a lot of ideas from all the great bikes on the forum...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Looks really sweet! I like the look of copper tubing on bikes. So how is the filter attached and how is the tube attached to the crankcase? In about a month I'm going to do the airbox chop and you've given me some ideas. Thanks.
Welcome SXS!

I used a short section of the rubber tube on both ends (which were street elbows) that slipped right on, no problem...
I dry fit it then soldered, filed, sanded and polished...
I'll take some more detailed pic's if necessary...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flaco,

Yeah if you can take pics of the connections on the bike I'd appreciate it. I'll have to learn how to solder copper too but that's half the fun. I'm in Iraq currently so I can probably check back in a few days. Cool wiring trick too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts