Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Guess whats inside...not Jack!!!

I guess Im just getting old...I opened the first box of Cracker Jacks Ive had in about 20 years and got some crappy POS prize...a paper pencil topper...

What ever happend to the cool toys... I mean you used to get actual toys...granted they were cheap and fell apart after a half hour but they were plastic toys and not just a piece of paper...

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I guess I am dating myself but I remember all those toys even the camel. I use to love cracker jacks as a kid. :)

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I suspect the legal department killed the plastic toys. What if some dopey kid choked trying to eat the toy?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Crackers!!

I agree wholeheartedly Tie, I miss those darn things....even the Cracker Jacks today don't have enough peanuts in em and the prizes aren't worth the time to open them up....
When I was a kid I got an allowance of $.50 a week and a week didn't go by without a box of CJ's....
Do you remember one of the prizes was a little magic slate? You know, a little flap of plastic you had to lift to erase what you wrote?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure I remember that...and youre right about not having enough peanuts...

I liked the tattoos and the games...the best one I remember getting was a submarine that you had to put baking soda or salt or flower in to it...I dont know...but it would sink and float to the top as the powder disolved...good thing I didnt eat that one...;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
WOW You guys are really old !!!! :D Starting to sound like the old bored guys meeting for coffee and reminiscing about how things have changed !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D...yes it does...and I was getting bored with the political threads...

...now dont make me break a switch off and beat you with it...;)

...and Im not that old...my toys were plastic...:eek:

·
Registered
462 Posts
:D...yes it does...and I was getting bored with the political threads...

...now dont make me break a switch off and beat you with it...;)

...and Im not that old...my toys were plastic...:eek:
' of reality
The farm animals were plastic but the barn was still made out of tin and the cars and trucks were still made out of some kind of metal. Probably with lead paint and that is why we are having this conversation !!!!!!!!!!!! I am convinced I put them in my mouth now !

And for the record I am with TIE the political and gun threads are a bit old. Every time I want to get a "dose" of reality I open the newspaper or turn on the tele and watch the one sided politically motivated news and get all feeling like I should stick my toe back on the trigger !!!!!!! Whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo lets talk about sex now baby ! Hey thats an 80's song i think. Ok, just havin a momentary lapse of reason . I have had a week from hell and yes I am sick and bored too !!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts