Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fascinating phenomenon.......

When I used to ride by cows with my LOUD (modified) D&D's, they would stare at me with a familiar glint in their eye. Honest to God, I think my D&D's were cow friendly. Many a ride in the country side, and cows would almost nod in approval of my moo'ing cans. I think my D&D shod Bonnie was mistaken for a fast but friendly cow as I motored past them! The grazing cattle would just watch me as I rode by.

- not today with Predators on my Bonnie -

I swear, it didn't matter where I was, if they were Black or Brown, dairy or not...... the cows SCATTERED wherever I went! I'm talking about mini stampedes!?!?! My Predators are not as loud as the D&D's were, but the cows don't dig 'em! My buddy pointed this out to me over the phone a minute ago, as he rode behind me on one portion of the ride. Now in all fairness to this story, I was following an SV650 with a racing Yoshimura...... but it was factory, and doesn't require jetting, so it isn't all THAT loud (sweeet sounding though). None the less, when I was last following him with my D&D's a few weeks ago, the cows weren't ANYWHERE NEAR as skittish as they were on today's ride!?!

Could it have been the recent earthquakes we've been having out here on the west coast, or was it my Predators? The cows sure were nervous today. Has anybody else noticed how the cows react as you ride by them at 80+ mph with your Predators????

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Not cows or camels, but as I passed with my blackened togas humming sweetly, a group of harley riders on the side checking out a dying sportster, they all looked in amazement and pointed :-D :-D :-D :cool:

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
On 2007-03-04 07:19, oldmanjob wrote:
... a group of harley riders on the side checking out a dying sportster, they all looked in amazement and pointed :-D :-D :-D :cool:
Hmmm .. when I pass em, they usually scatter like a herd of exhaust timid cows. :)

I'd rather have em scatter (cows that is) - after recently seeing what one bovine did to to the front end (came thru the windshield) of a Chevy Caprice when it decided to cross the street during the middle of the night. U G L Y scene ..

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The best animal scatterer I have seen is the SS Peashooter system. The pop is much more pronounced than the Predators or NH Togas. Ducks and geese would take flight 100's of yards prior to my reaching their portion of a lake. Cows, goats, etc. would take off nearly a quarter of a mile ahead of me. The NH Togas has some of the same effect; however, they wait until I am much closer. :-D When I had the SS Peashooter system on bonnie, I used to say every deer in my county knew when I fired up bonnie. :-D

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts