Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Copy and paste of what i sent my Riding Buddy and Good Friend, Thought you guys might like to Read it!
This happened yesterday!

You guys and Gals Keep your Guard Up at all Times!

Subject: Could have been bad :~(

Hey Hommie,man after you and i split up i turned around and rode over to my friend Joe's house to see how he was doing talked for about 30 minutes then i left and went home,i got right at the freaking house that last road, Black Rock that cuts into cheaster from the right before the house, i see a car and a truck behind it coming from my Right turning across my lane heading south on chester,i see the car come to a stop then Come across the road in front of me,No problem plenty of room and i keep cruisen about 40ish :~) Now the problem :~( the Idiot behind the car Slows a little then pulls right out in front of me ,it looked almost like the freaking car was pulling him he ran the stop and was dead in front of me i laid down on the brakes and the triumph Squated like a Duck and came to a stop so freaking fast i still can't believe it,i must have Hit both brakes just right,I prolly stopped in a 12' length No joke!

What was bad The Guy had the Tinted window Down and I was looking Right at him when he Pulled out!!!

I said fork that and turned around and tried to catch up to the truck but tried not to look like a idiot myself he turned down the graveyard road and ran that stop sign then went up Black Rock...... i kept following him and the Flashing Red light at the end of black rock and A1A had him stopped i pulled up beside him on the Drivers side,he rolled down the window and i ask him what the fork was wrong with him, i ask him if he even seen me and told him he pulled out in front of me ,The Kid prolly 18 or 19 was Blinking Ninty to nothing and saying No something and some other stuff which i didn't understand :~( i told him his azz was Gonna Kill somebody Driving Like that,then i backed up and got his tag # went Home and had Stacey call the Sheriff's office and tell them what happen and gave them his tag # and Truck description ,man I Don't know if My MSF Course just paid Off LOL or i'm just one hellava operator :~) But i sure Brought the S3 To Quick stop with out breaking the tires loose and that was pretty wild,i still can't believe How fast the Bike stopped i think some of it had to do with the suspension being so soft,It dropped down about 3 inch's and just stopped Crazy :~) Who's your Boy Now :~) LOL later Silentrider

My Buddy's reply ,"Bro, U got mad skillz"!

He's got the "Mad" part Right LOL later silentrider

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's unfortunate that his mad skills don't include spelling and grammar.

That was painful to read.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's unfortunate that his mad skills don't include spelling and grammar.

That was painful to read.

Would U like a Crying towel beotch!

You'll have to over look my spelling and grammer I'm just an Old Illiterate Red Neck!

But when people like you get Scarred ,it's people Like Me they call to do the Fighting so You can sleep tight in your safe little world LOL!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm glad you stopped in time. Yep, I had to mash the brakes too. But that was my own fault for being cocky. Too fast...big rock wall....oh sh....
Saved my butt. I think the motorcycle safety course was fun too. You really should get to know the limits of your bike (and your ability). It's a confidence booster.

FYI, If you find yourself doing stoppies you may have the spring preload, compression dampening set too light. It makes the bike dive bomb into the road. Unless you want to do that :D

Regards
Larry

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hey Hommie,man after you and i split up i turned around and rode over to my friend Joe's house to see how he was doing talked for about 30 minutes then i left and went home,i got right at the freaking house that last road, Black Rock that cuts into cheaster from the right before the house, i see a car and a truck behind it coming from my Right turning across my lane heading south on chester,i see the car come to a stop then Come across the road in front of me,No problem plenty of room and i keep cruisen about 40ish :~) Now the problem :~( the Idiot behind the car Slows a little then pulls right out in front of me ,it looked almost like the freaking car was pulling him he ran the stop and was dead in front of me i laid down on the brakes and the triumph Squated like a Duck and came to a stop so freaking fast i still can't believe it,i must have Hit both brakes just right,I prolly stopped in a 12' length No joke!

What was bad The Guy had the Tinted window Down and I was looking Right at him when he Pulled out!!!

I said fork that and turned around and tried to catch up to the truck but tried not to look like a idiot myself he turned down the graveyard road and ran that stop sign then went up Black Rock...... i kept following him and the Flashing Red light at the end of black rock and A1A had him stopped i pulled up beside him on the Drivers side,he rolled down the window and i ask him what the fork was wrong with him, i ask him if he even seen me and told him he pulled out in front of me ,The Kid prolly 18 or 19 was Blinking Ninty to nothing and saying No something and some other stuff which i didn't understand :~( i told him his azz was Gonna Kill somebody Driving Like that,then i backed up and got his tag # went Home and had Stacey call the Sheriff's office and tell them what happen and gave them his tag # and Truck description ,man I Don't know if My MSF Course just paid Off LOL or i'm just one hellava operator :~) But i sure Brought the S3 To Quick stop with out breaking the tires loose and that was pretty wild,i still can't believe How fast the Bike stopped i think some of it had to do with the suspension being so soft,It dropped down about 3 inch's and just stopped Crazy :~) Who's your Boy Now :~) LOL later Silentrider

My Buddy's reply ,"Bro, U got mad skillz"!

He's got the "Mad" part Right LOL later silentrider
English translation:

Dear Sir,

After you and I parted company, I proceeded to my friend Joe's house where I enjoyed a 30 minute conversation. I bid Joe goodbye and proceeded home. I was riding north on Chester when I observed a car stop and then pull out from Black Rock and head south on Chester. I judged that at my cruising speed of approximately 40 mph, the car posed no threat to me. However, the misguided operator of a truck following directly behind the car did not stop and proceeded into the intersection, thus compromising my safety. I quickly applied my front and rear brakes, achieving what I estimate to be a 12 foot stopping distance. Quite remarkable!

What I found particularly disturbing about this incident is that the gentleman in the truck had lowered his tinted window and clearly should have made eye contact with me.

I gently cursed under my breath, and came to the conclusion that I must , but without appearing to be crude, let this hapless driver know of my displeasure regarding this incident. I followed him up Black Rock, past the flashing light to the A1A. At that point I pulled up to the driver-side window to confront him. I asked if he was feeling well and if he had seen my motorcycle approaching before he pulled out. He was a young man of approximately 18 or 19 years of age. His response was incomprehensible to me. I told him, in no uncertain terms, that if he continued to drive this way he would endanger other motorists. I collected the license plate numer of his vehicle, and asked Stacey to call the Sheriff's office to report the unfortunate incident along with the driver's license number and vehicle description. Gosh, I don't know if it was my MSF training or my own sheer skill, but I was very impressed with the performance of both myself and the motorcycle. Jiminy Cricket! Are you impressed?

Yours truly,
SilentRider

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the MSF course was really fun for me also :~) We had some Great Coach's really good Guys!They made it fun!

I knew how to ride but had to get that endorsment on my license,They did teach me several thing's that i wasn't really aware of so it was all worth it!

They teach you to ride defensive and thats what really saved me and the Bike yesterday!I was ready to throw the brakes on instead of being surprised,It's just hard to believe i was looking right at the guy and he just pulled out like i was non existent,and to him i was....Scary stuff!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mark S. LOL ,that reads almost civilized :~)

I will send all future write up's to you for proof reading and corrections LOL :~)

I enjoyed reading that :~)

I Know my spelling Sucketh :~) ,But i'm the kinda guy you could call at 3:30 am to pull you out a Ditch and it would only cost ya a 12 Pack :~)

I'd even pull Ol Meleemark out even after that mean statement,but it will cost him a Case LOL :~)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Silent-

The first thing I tell anybody who wants to get on a bike - take the MSF course! You're right - it's not only fun, but you take away skills and good habits that more than likely will save your hide one day.

I'm glad you came out OK. Chasing the guy down is one more step that most of us never take, but really want to.

P.S. - Just goofing on your grammar above.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Silent-

The first thing I tell anybody who wants to get on a bike - take the MSF course! You're right - it's not only fun, but you take away skills and good habits that more than likely will save your hide one day.

I'm glad you came out OK. Chasing the guy down is one more step that most of us never take, but really want to.

I've told several of my friends also,that the MSF course is the way to go!

far as Chasing the guy down,I figured that would be what people jumped on,i know the guy could have had a Gun,he could have rolled down the window and shot me simple as that!

But i was so Mad at that point i almost wish he had pulled a Gun,cause it would have given me the green light and Unless he got off a good shot i would have given him a Beating he would not soon forget! Mark my word!

he wouldn't be the first to pull a gun on me thats for sure!

it's always a Gun ,pool stick or something for some unknow reason people don't want to jump on me One on one they always have to have something to compensate for my size LOL

I had one punk hit me with a pool stick one night LOL From behind,I thought i was gonna Bleed to death before we finished the fight ....all over my buddy Giving the other guys girl the Eye and Dancing with her LOL

PS I enjoyed the Grammar goofing :~) You have quite a way with words LOL :~)

my grammer and spelling Sucketh ,but you couldn't get a better heavy equipment operator than I........

I guess we all have our area of expertise :~)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would U like a Crying towel beotch!

You'll have to over look my spelling and grammer I'm just an Old Illiterate Red Neck!

But when people like you get Scarred ,it's people Like Me they call to do the Fighting so You can sleep tight in your safe little world LOL!
I have nothing but the deepest respect for you and your fellow security guards at Disney's "It's a small world" ride.

Keep up the hard work silent!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Silent-

that **** was funny!

obviously not mean-spirited; even silent acknowledged that.

good stuff.

btw: where can i find out about that course in STL, MO USA?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts