Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of pilot jets. They look physically different from what came out. I am talking about the machining of the threads. They don't seem to be in the same relative position as the stock jet. Threads are closer to the lower hole and raised from the base. I have been in contact with the vendor and he insures me that they are correct. Has anyone else got jets that looked like what is on the right? Am I just being too cautious?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
If they thread in, and bottom against the head then they are fine.

I've seen millions of different variations. In some cases with main jets I've used small head in place of large head, or hex head in place of small head - etc.

On the other hand - numbering systems tend to vary wildly...LOL

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they thread in, and bottom against the head then they are fine.
That's the issue. They seem to thread in just fine and bottom out. The difference is that on the stock jet once they bottom out I only takes 1/32 to1/16 of a turn to tighten, on this one I turned it 1/8 and it didn't feel like it was tight. At that point I stopped and removed it and put the stock jet back in.

Mike

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There isn't a "K" stamped on the top but I was assured that they are OEM from Keihin.

Mike

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes they are marked on the sides. I've never seen a geuine Keihin jet unmarked - but anything is possible.
No marks on the jet except the size.

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry McBike....I really can't help beyond that. I pulled out my little drawer of pilots, and they all look like the one on the left.

If it were me, I'd try screwing it in....but I sure as heck wouldn't force it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply, I think that I will post something in the classifieds to see if anyone has some to sell.

Thanks
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts