Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I'm restoring a 69 T100R. Most of the bolts & nuts can be reused but many of them I'd like to replace. I have a parts book but it just list the part # for the hardware and I was wondering if there is part # cross reference for the bolts. Some of them are whitworth, but I gotta believe American standard could replace many of them. Heck, I may have created a task for myself that could be profitable, if someone beat me to it would be good, I'd just like to know.

Thanks for all replies.

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
If you are RESTORING it, only the proper original hardware will be correct.

If you are REFURBISHING it, anything goes including stainless fasteners with nyock nuts.

I believe the basic info for many of the nuts and bolts show up on British Only's parts search database when you key in the part number.

I'd love to be able to buy, let's say, "Set, hardware, OEM, Triumph T120R, 1967, complete, one each". I'm sure many others would, too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll check the British only parts database.

I guess I will refurbish this bike if stripping down as far as you can go but not going back with strickley British parts. I will use the sealed foriegn wheel bearings, seals, and maybe US standard frame bolts where possible. I'll stick with Lucas electrics, Amal carbs, and visable items like a seat cover.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the bolts are cadiuim. There are some bolts that are little worn, you know, rounded from someone using the wrong tool, that sort of stuff. I'm not building this to be a show piece, I'm just rebuilding to ride and to have the enjoyment of rebuilding it. I like to do things right, If a bolt is not from England I don't mind. I just wish the parts book listed the bolt/nut size. There is place in Canada that sells british size bolts and if I had the size I could just order what I need. I'm gonna check the British only site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts