Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is not "new business", the instructions to the British public 100 years ago during the Spanish Flu pandemic were "wash hands" and "avoid social contact". The current pandemic was very foreseeable, yet even the basics of Personal Protective Equipment for medical staff are lacking.

The fact that the original instructions for leaving the house for exercise needed to be clarified demonstrates that the original instructions were poorly written.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is not "new business", the instructions to the British public 100 years ago during the Spanish Flu pandemic were "wash hands" and "avoid social contact". The current pandemic was very foreseeable, yet even the basics of Personal Protective Equipment for medical staff are lacking.

The fact that the original instructions for leaving the house for exercise needed to be clarified demonstrates that the original instructions were poorly written.
I still disagree with you. It would appear that most other Britons disagree with you also:

Confidence in Johnson soars after lockdown The Telegraph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
You're steering this thread towards politics, which risks getting the thread binned. I have no political affiliations, the majority of politicians are useless.

Unfortunately, confidence doesn't win wars.
I disagree again, this is not a political issue in any way (and I will thank you to recognise that nowhere have I expressed any preference for a political leaning).

I have to disagree about your final statement as well: confidence does indeed win wars, as Napoleon said: ‘morale is to material as three is to one’.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your comment earlier ">We are fortunate that we have a strong and decisive government at the moment <" Politics.

What happened to the over-confident Napoleon? Was he not defeated by superior resource? Same applies to Germany and Japan in the 20th century.

I disagree again, this is not a political issue in any way (and I will thank you to recognise that nowhere have I expressed any preference for a political leaning).

I have to disagree about your final statement as well: confidence does indeed win wars, as Napoleon said: ‘morale is to material as three is to one’.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Going back quite a ways, thanks to you guys who have wished me well with my job loss. I am a drag racing event coordinator and a tour guide in a car museum. Two industries that are definitely non-essential right now.

My wife, however is a nurse practitioner. She is highly essential and needed, but is unable to drive or work outside of the house due to a recent surgery, so she’s been off of work. Non-contact telehealth opportunities have skyrocketed with the virus, so she is being sought after with opportunities that will allow her to help with the virus treatment and keep us afloat financially while staying at home.

In the meantime, looks like we can defer our mortgage for a while, and car and motorcycle projects will have to wait:

I can see all of the confusion with what is and is not “essential” right now. I have a friend who works in a factory that makes fluid valves for the Navy. Esoteric perhaps but deemed essential as they are a government contractor. A massage place near my house is still open. That sounds ludicrous but they are apparently considering themselves a medical establishment. “Physical therapy” is on the essential list here in California.

I have gone to my closed office periodically to pick up mail and have seen some nearby businesses closed, but others open. None are considered essential from what I can gather and I wonder what loophole they must be using to stay open.

I wish us all the best and that despite some people ignoring the greater good, that we all get out the other side of this with the rubb

·
Registered
248 Posts
Going back quite a ways, thanks to you guys who have wished me well with my job loss. I am a drag racing event coordinator and a tour guide in a car museum. Two industries that are definitely non-essential right now.

My wife, however is a nurse practitioner. She is highly essential and needed, but is unable to drive or work outside of the house due to a recent surgery, so she’s been off of work. Non-contact telehealth opportunities have skyrocketed with the virus, so she is being sought after with opportunities that will allow her to help with the virus treatment and keep us afloat financially while staying at home.

In the meantime, looks like we can defer our mortgage for a while, and car and motorcycle projects will have to wait:

I can see all of the confusion with what is and is not “essential” right now. I have a friend who works in a factory that makes fluid valves for the Navy. Esoteric perhaps but deemed essential as they are a government contractor. A massage place near my house is still open. That sounds ludicrous but they are apparently considering themselves a medical establishment. “Physical therapy” is on the essential list here in California.

I have gone to my closed office periodically to pick up mail and have seen some nearby businesses closed, but others open. None are considered essential from what I can gather and I wonder what loophole they must be using to stay open.

I wish us all the best and that despite some people ignoring the greater good, that we all get out the other side of this with the rubb
We are all saddened to hear of your loss of employment (and income), but heartened to hear of your stoicism. Stay positive, you will get through this.
You and your wife are fortunate to have each other, and also your good health. Cherish what you have.
Good fortune,
Alan

·
Registered
715 Posts
My occupation is classified as essential, so my 117 mile round trip continues unchanged. The lack of traffic is wonderful though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I ride about the same on my daily commute. Henryetta Oklahoma to Jenks Oklahoma. Travel Hwy 75 . The lack of traffic is great but lack of law enforcement is getting out of hand. Morning commute is done in the hours of dark. Given that it is a rural Highway the hazards from wild animals is great along with a few construction areas where the road is narrowed to one lane. People have caught on that there are no police to be seen and travel at a very high speed even through the construction zones. I am talking speeds of 100 plus. It is become common place to get hit with brights from behind even while riding through the construction areas. I have a set of JW SPEAKERS DAYMAKERS on my Rocket but even so prefer to keep the speed down while traveling when it is dark. Never thought I would complain about the lack of law enforcement on the highway but doing it now. Ride home from work different story. Flat amazed at the amount of pickups that think they are going to challenge a modified Rocket. The last couple of days of commuting have just let them pass. Figure it ain't worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alan, I thought that the above picture was quite humorous until I got to thinking about the way the wife has been looking at me lately and the recent tone of her voice...if I see her with a shovel in her hand, well quarantine or not, I'm looking for a motel.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I'm thinking the way to beat this stupid pandemic is to blast the germs into submission SO I just ordered a couple of new albums (the 180 gram type, not those goofy CD things).
Add this to the new Who album which I haven't listened to and in one marathon session I'm pretty sure I can blow this crap out to sea.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I have Quadrophenia on the original release and on 180 gram.
I never had their first album so next order will take care of that and a 180 gram Beggar's Banquet will help fill a hole in the remastered Stones catalog.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts