Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think, as biking in itself can be classed as "self isolation", I think we should be okay. Plus, just think about all those traffic-less roads that may soon be around.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Think of all those under employed traffic policemen bored because there's no traffic along come you and hey presto no longer bored when they can come and hassle you .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think of all those under employed traffic policemen bored because there's no traffic along come you and hey presto no longer bored when they can come and hassle you .
I don't think we have traffic police down here. Not in the same way you have up North. And besides, I always stick to the speed limit (honest ;):LOL:)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They might close fuel stations then your stuffed unless you stock up with a 44 gal drum, and the cops will have to get close to you if they pull you over so maybe start coughing when they pull you up lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
If you are doing an excessive speed test run and a cop pulls you over - As he or she approaches start a epic hack & cough episode - Bet you get off scott free. At least until this pandemic thing is going over. :sick:

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Yeah
Yep couldn't agree more but where the heck are we going to go when everywhere is shut , or will be pretty soon . :eek: 😷💀🛂
Yeah, I'm well miffed. Apart from being stuck with the kids for the next 5 weeks, I was planning on buggering off for a few days during the Easter hols but now the borders to France, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Czech Republic and Poland are closed. Mind you, border to the Netherlands is still open. Maybe I'll go and hit every hairpin in Holland :D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Mind you if you get pulled up by the cops and you start to cough and splatter they might shoot you for indangering their lives, you never know in this crazy times.

Ashley

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've just made a personal decision to limit my riding until people stop freaking out. Yesterday afternoon, Orange County issued a confusing order that appeared to be shutting down all non-essential businesses. Our company was prepared to shut down. Later, local government reversed itself somewhat, issuing a list of business types that need to close, basically bars and restaurants. In the confusion, local markets now have lines out the doors, and if the few people who are out on the roads are in panic mode, I want to have a car around me. As it is, there's no traffic, and I can get to work just as quickly in my car right now. I don't need to get creamed because someone was texting their friend that they can't get a latte.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am afraid this will be a season of very limited miles... Unless they find a medicine to treat the infected, we will be restricted to go places until the vaccine is available. We will be lucky if we can keep our jobs!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
As long as there are gas stations open I will ride as much or more then in the past. If my work dries up then I'll definitely ride more, cant imagine why, unless I actually have the virus, that my riding would be limited, not going to infect or get infected by being out on my bike, at least the chance would be very slim.

·
Registered
176 Posts
All vulnerable people stay indoors, while the rest of us take an infected sugar cube. 2 weeks later...sorted. What do you think?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In the Uk I was reading the guidance on the Government website about what you should do if you are self-isolating. One of the things only things you are allowed to leave the house to do is exercise (outdoors). As bikers, we wear gloves and helmets (or at least we should be). Those of us with open face helmets usually tend to add a face mask to keep bugs out of our mouths and keep our chins warm. Therefore, riding in itself is a safe activity. You're avoiding using public transport, you're completely covered up, and if you go for a long ride, you're away from people. I cannot see why during this time anyone would reduce how much time they spend on their bike. I personally plan on doing a lot more riding (weather permitting) during this time, especially as (already mentioned) there will be less traffic on the roads.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts