·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
day 1. 12 weeks off work! oh joy!

day 2 weeded garden and put out solar bird bath

day 3 fitted scrambler headlight grill to bonnie

day 4 de-acf 50'd the bonnie

day 5 small jobs on the pan european all done, panels polished and small scratches done

day 6 tools all returned to correct location.

day 7 garage cleaned and spotless

day 8 conversations with the cat are getting interesting.

day 9. when she says "i love you, she is talking to the cat"

day 10. checks internet for decomposition rate of human bodies

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
my self isolation for last week comprised of going bush and camping out for a few nights prospecting for gold with my metal detector, plus I found some. except for filling up with fuel didn't bump into or see a single soul

yesterday being a perfect day weather wise, I self isolated by going on a solo bike ride. had a back pack with some food and drink and went on a 300 kilometer round trip. once again the only social contact was paying for fuel at a service station

·
Registered
437 Posts
You are lucky Bonza,
Here in Spain we are on total lockdown, only able to go a very few kilometres for food or medicine. The police are doing on the spot fines (600 euros) for travelling too far from your home for shopping etc. Using my bike would get me locked up most likely. ????Too many people here, that is the problem. Where you are in Australia no doubt there are not many people living around your area.

·
3,078 Posts
I'd pay good money for some isolation. At the bakery we own, I've been working about 70hrs a week since we have employees who have made the choice to quarantine themselves. Business is not slow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Had never felt the need to do it before, but yesterday, I mastered the art of pulling into a gas station, reaching into a pocket for my trunk key, getting my wallet out of the trunk, pulling a single credit card of of said wallet, negotiating all of the buttons needed for a fuel transaction at the pump, and fueling up my bike, all without removing either of my gloves.

All the while, cursing myself for forgetting to put some exam gloves in the trunk of my bike for fuel stops. I'd always wondered what kind of goo resided on a grimy fuel pump handle, and had always just wiped my hands on my pants after using them. Right now, I don't think that would be very effective.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Carrying a small bottle of sanitizer might be a good idea, I've been doing it for years.

Chico

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi '60,
Surely your garages supply plastic throw away gloves for filling up, unleaded petrol is carsenagenic (however you spell it). So in Europe the oil companies to stop future litigation for cancer have always supplied some form of protective hand covering, sometimes plastic bags or gloves other times hand sanitiser. Here in Spain we still have petrol pump attendants at most service stations so they have the problem.

·
Registered
309 Posts
BSA, maybe people are more disciplined where you are. Stations in my area provide hand sanitizer and gloves at the fuel pumps, but these days if any are put out, they are all immediately stolen. It’s a shame.

I have a box of large size exam gloves that my wife got me a long time ago. Just haven’t gotten into the habit of taking some everywhere I go now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think two states require attendant service, New Jersey, and Oregon, if I'm not mistaken. I've only been to New Jersey, and the last time I was there and tried to pump my own gas, the attendant told me to get back in my car. Other states, no, you have to pump your own, they are not attended.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Feels so odd in Jersey letting that happen, too. I use an app to pay for gas, but still have to key in code on pump and use the pump. Oh well

·
Registered
81 Posts
Oregon changed their law to allow you to pump your own outside of large city areas. On the bike, I've never had an issue in Oregon pumping my own fuel - they generally don't want the backlash if they mess it up and get fuel on the tank, so just let you do your own.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I was wondering if they make you sit on your bike while they pump your gas and try not to spill it everywhere.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
In NJ, they let you pump your own gas on bikes. Most don't want anything to do with bikes in case they spill. Most attendants will make sure the nozzle is free of leftover fuel as well. But, they usually just shake the nozzle on the cement which isn't the most environmental thing to do. I have never been hassled in any NJ station for pumping my own gas. I live and was raised in NJ.

·
Registered
631 Posts
UPS dropped off some new tires for the Sprint the other day. I'm hoping the virus doesn't thrive on grand touring rubber. My local shop is accepting appointments for service. Just my luck, all dressed up and nowhere to go.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ha! Felony, maybe I don't look like a local when I'm in NJ... an obvious out-of-towner in a rental car is probably fodder for getting a hard time from a gas station attendant.

Good news, Daddy Mac. Hope the parts show up soon to get my Bonnie back on the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts