Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Corbin seat on my RS and sitting in comfortable position while riding, I find a gap of about 2-1/2 inches between my butt and back of riders part of the seat .
I have risers on stock bars and i'm 5-9 / 5-10.
Has anyone else had this problem, if so could you share any mods you may have tried.
Appreciate any feedback, cheers Ray W.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm just barely taller than you, 5-11. I have the same problem with my corbin. If I sit all the way back in the bucket it puts pressure on my wrists, even with raised bars. If I scoot forward, the seat becomes crowned and puts all the pressure on one spot.
When I'm solo I put my feet on the passenger pegs on the straight roads. It's much more comfy. I'm thinking about making some slightly rear set pegs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem with my Corbin seat. Corbin took the seat back, filled the space closer to the front and cut down the crown in the front of the seat to make it easier to move around.I'm 5'9".

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike did Corbin charge much for the alteration, and did it take very long to get it done ?
Like you I would rather stay in my comfortable position, I'm a little past that stretching out, especially long distance rides.
Thanks guys for your input, Ray W.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Corbin did the modification for free because they used the same cover. I had to pay to ship it there and I don't remember if they paid shipping back. You can contact them on their website and see if that procedure is still the same.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Similarly, Corbin redid my seat. Seems they reall didn't check ergonomics as per a riders heighth. I had given my height when ordering, then had a friend measure the placement of the back of the seat. As all the earlier posts show, mine was at least 2" off. Fortunately, all shipping costs were covered, 'cause the problem was under warrenty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts