Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Corbin seat for my 06 Speed Triple from a guy on E-Bay. I can not seem to get the reat seat latch to hold. When I first put it on it did latch and then was really hard to get it to unlatch. I do have a Triumph OEM alarm under the rear section. Anybody else ever had this problem?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just bought a Corbin seat for my 06 Speed Triple from a guy on E-Bay. I can not seem to get the reat seat latch to hold. When I first put it on it did latch and then was really hard to get it to unlatch. I do have a Triumph OEM alarm under the rear section. Anybody else ever had this problem?
Yeah I had a issue with my Corbin when new also but mine was that it was tough as hell to snap in, and when it did it was near impossible to take off. For me that locking pin (or whatever its legal name is) wasnt quite lined up to snap on easily. I took a hammer to it and wacked it into proper placement, been issue free ever since.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had this issue myself with an aftermarket seat. If you push down with your thumb in the center of the pillion part of the seat (above the locking pin) whilst you turn the key, the seat attaches and releases easily. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts