Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We after almost 3k I've hit a problem. During my commute home yesterday, I noticed the temp light had come on and all the bars were lit. I don't think the temp was high for too long, a min or two. Fortunately I was near home but unfortunately I was in stop/go traffic. About 2/3s of my commute is in town. Once I was free of traffic, the temp returned to normal. At home I found the fan fuse had popped and the coolant level was OK. I replaced the fuse and went for a spin. The sun had set and the air temp was near 10C so it was tough to get the engine hot. I did manage to get 6 bars lit though but no fan op. This morning I called the dealer and he can't see the bike until next Fri. Looks like I'll be spending the weekend tracing the fault.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not jammed blades but sticking bearings. I was able to get home while there was still some daylight. Found the fan turns fairly tight in one spot. I was able to hook 12v to the fan and it runs for now. Runs also runs on ECU command. Good news is I'll be able to ride until the dealer has time for me as long as I keep an eye on the temp. Bad news is Triumph spec'd a cheesy, cheap a$$ fan. Anyone else have problems with their fan? Esp you guys in hot climates. Glad this didn't happen on a nice hot summer day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts