Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll...I'm always looking for stuff on ebay and ran across these shirts "Unholy Terror" with a Big Daddy Ed Roth cartoon of a Triumph twin running down a Hog (HD) Kinda gross, but hey, that's the way it was back in the 60's with HD's & Triumphs going head to head on the street and the racetracks. A little rivalry there?

I have no affiliation at all with this auction link so if you want one, do what you want! It says they have 4 left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Triumph-Unholy-terror-t-shirt-60s-ed-roth-RAT-FINK_W0QQitemZ270326573086QQihZ017QQcategoryZ28022QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a pic of the artwork on the shirt. I need another Triumph t-shirt like I need a hole in my head, but I think I will squeeze one in my closet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It's not for me, way too much like "biker bashing". YMMV

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Hey ya'll...I'm always looking for stuff on ebay and ran across these shirts "Unholy Terror" with a Big Daddy Ed Roth cartoon of a Triumph twin running down a Hog (HD) I need another Triumph t-shirt like I need a hole in my head, but I think I will squeeze one in my closet.
I need another hole in my head...does that qualify? I grew up collecting Big Daddy Ed Roth paraphernalia. Gross was part of the attraction. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow

I love this shirt. im really getting sick of those hd posers putting down every other make of bike, they would love it. Im not talking about the true harley lovers just the r.u.b.s. i was watching a doc. about harleys on discovery and the idiot that runs their museum said harleys have a soul and a triumph dosent, a triumph is just a triumph. my friend who i was watching it with said, yeah harleys have a soul, the @## soul riding them. too bad though the listing is done ide love that shirt.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Big Daddy

Carl Morrow of Carls Speed Shop fame in Daytona Beach is a good friend of Ed. He told me they used to be in the same shop on Clawson Ave in Maywood, California back in the day. Big Daddy was living in Salt Lake City last time I talked to Carl.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Personally, I think it looks crap.
I can appreciate that, Bobbo. You either get the So Cal Von Dutch, Ed Roth aesthetic or not. It really helps if you lived through it as I did in the hot rod scene in the 60's. Not everybody I know likes the German Expressionists, Bechmann, Dix, et al. (I do a lot) either. It's a time and a place kind of thing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Love It! If these were available I would definitely buy a couple. How about somebody making a few up?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
If you buy the shirt from "Moldy Marvin" he'll airbrush the color onto it.

Moldy, a friend of Ed Roth's, has the original screens.

I have one and love it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Link?

BigAl,

Can you tell me how to buy the shirt? I browsed some of the websites that have his stuff for sale, but didn't see that shirt...

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts