Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Cool video. If anyone is on the fence about buying a Scramber, and what potential it has, they wiil certain be psyched after watching this video. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That got my heart pumping.

Great post and vid.

Now....where do I get one? (taking out check book...)
Jack Pine and Hammarhead are located on Pine Street in Philly, PA (about 5 miles from me.) $14,500 will get you a fresh one. He's making 5 in 2012. There's one left for 2011. Here's a look at one moving through the streets of Philly.

http://vimeo.com/18976012

·
Registered
329 Posts
great video. This is yet another reason the Scrambler is the greatest "do it all very well" bike on the market!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A correction. In researching a bit, I've discovered that Peter Egan is actually interviewing James Loughead. Hammarhead is the name of his boutique bike company. The Scram that he's moded and selling is called the Jack Pine.

It seems that his full title is Dr. James Loughead, a neuropsychologist and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the Univ of PA. He specializes in fMRI paradigm design, implemention and analysis.

He also makes very cool bikes:

http://www.temp.hammarhead.com/motorcycles

·
Registered
735 Posts
Fantastic. Really great to see a Scram reamed out like that in the dirt. The rider is pretty damn good, too, it's still a 450 lb bike. And the video production is top notch. Nice.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
If I lived in a rural area, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have a scrambler

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
22,973 Posts
Wow, Peter Egan's voice. He doesn't sound at all like I imagined.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Awesome!! Want one now!! More of the kids inheritance gone!! :)

·
Registered
2005 T100
2,676 Posts
I talkd to Jack Pine for quite a while at the motorcycle show in New York. Very down to earth and not pretentious. Nice guy and he was willing to talk technical details....he told me that they had done testing and the Scram engine without the oil cooler did not overheat but that he would definately watch it if he was stuck in traffic on a hot day.

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
22,973 Posts
Great movie.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
It appears that they are now fitting a discreetly sized oil cooler, whereas the original bike had none.
Completely different exhaust too.

That video makes me want to strip down Black Betty and get her down to the nitty gritty.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts