Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks everyone. Gonna check out the X Arc signals by High Tech Speed.

Attached is the problem British Customs signals. This is the second set. They don't stand up to speeds over 45mph.
i just installed these on the front and rear of my bike then drove 80mph on the freeway for several miles with no issue at all. Use locktite.

That being said, these lights rule and i recommend them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went onto ebay and found a universal integrated tail light that I used for the rear taillight and signals. Then I went with the set of bar end turn signals to cover the front and rear as well.

Looks great...I will post pics tonight

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Zenbike, those are some nice looking signals, I'll have to remember those... I have the square K&S Tech lights that are sold through nearly every outlet and I like 'em, but these might make for a nice change.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Zenbike, those are some nice looking signals, I'll have to remember those... I have the square K&S Tech lights that are sold through nearly every outlet and I like 'em, but these might make for a nice change.
Thanks SBabyak. I really like how their shape compliments my taillight and is a bit streamlined. They actually come with red lenses as well if you wanted to swap out on the back. Mine are standard bulbs but I saw that they are available as LED now for those interested.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
^^^ I did a quick search and at first I could only find the LED model. In general, I prefer the color of the incandescent over LED lights.

I've had to replace the K&S model several times, I'm on my third set up front and think I finally found a good fix for it... actually a little disappointed now that I see these. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
^^^ I did a quick search and at first I could only find the LED model. In general, I prefer the color of the incandescent over LED lights.

I've had to replace the K&S model several times, I'm on my third set up front and think I finally found a good fix for it... actually a little disappointed now that I see these. ;)
Yes, it does look like the incandescent ones are sold out at DCC and the LED ones are more prevalent.
I did find these places that might be an option.
Licks
ebay

One thing to note is that the stem is so short on these that they need to be installed carefully. From stem to outer edge is 1 1/2" but from the mount to the inner side its only about 1/2". At the front the lense is slightly obscured by the headlight bold, but when on it doesn't affect visibility. You can't use the thruxton bracket up front cause the signals will hit the tubes. You may not be able to use the off the shelf relocation brackets at the back if they don't hold the bulbs away from bike enough. I just grabbed a 1/2" strip of aluminum from the hardware store and bent my own brackets... pretty simple.
Also, they come with dual filament bulbs so it seams you could wire them as running lights if you wanted, but they only come with a 2-wire connection, you could add the third wire if you really wanted to.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Thanks Zen! I found 'em on Amazon too.

I also found some spacers that ought to work nicely - http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=20500
You're welcome.
The spacers might not work unless you get a longer bolt. You need a hollow bolt that the wires run through. I tried it and it didn't work in the standard front location with the stock bolt. Never got a longer one to try, moved on to bigger jobs like my suspension that I just installed last night!
Worth a try though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
The replacement flasher relay should not be a problem only essential for LEDs,, its what, $12? and just a plug in
Yes it sure it. I was getting some wonky flasher behavior when I switched out all my signals. Even though they are regular bulbs they were behaving like LEDs and intermittently blinking really fast. So, $12 later and the problem was fixed with a new flasher relay from superbright LEDs. Plugs right into the old location. Also, it doesn't "click" or make any noise while operating, not that you could hear the old one over the exhaust...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
LED's

Ended up going with the led signals from Hi Tech Speed (http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/XARC/index.asp) and they are great. So small you don't even know they are there and the key fits in the ignition. When you use them they are incredibly bright.

Two down sides are the wires should be longer / covered and the LED flasher. I can't find one that just plugs in to my 2010 Bonneville.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hornstein, thanks for the tips/info, I'm considering these for my Thruxton. Can you post more photos after it's all installed?
I'm now trying to decide between chrome or black.
The may be pricey but I want to be seen and as obvious to other drivers as possible. I have Panacea lights on my other bike and friends always comment on how bright they look. Besides when I see another biker that looks somewhat dark at night I always think "I hope I don't look like that"

21 - 38 of 38 Posts