Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

561 - 574 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Short but long(!)trip friday/saturday. Gothenburg to Trysil and back. Didn’t take the shortest way either. Fantastic weather friday and really bad today....

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
My 2016 TTR in the Yorkshire dales.
IMGP1016_1567888961989.JPG IMGP1025_1567889007421.JPG

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I liked the 1/18 scale (2 posts above) so much, that I went ahead and did my best to create a 1/1 scale version!
#The Dark Side
#The R Side

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Haha very nice @SirCuffsalot

Looks like Triumph may be releasing a Thruxton R 'Black' in the future. Hope they do the springs too though. This would definitely be on my short list if I was still looking for a new bike.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
@miglan20
Ha, thanks!
I actually “spied” that via a google search too! Looks like (from what I can tell)...
Black:
Forks w/Gold inner fork-tubes
Engine cases
Gloss (Jet) Black paint
Wheels
Possibly headlamp rim
Clear Lense w/LED factory signal Kit
... Pretty cool to me... Likely a 2020 model... surprised they didn’t go with Black Öhlins springs. Maybe to keep the TFC Thrux more special? Regardless, one can easily get the OEM Öhlins Black springs from places like A&J Cycles for surprisingly less than one would think. (Like I did.)
Attached is the video my sister quickly took of me rolling up to the event, where I captured the fuzzy screen shots that I posted above.
Disclaimer: No threads were purposely hijacked or harmed during this post.

·
Registered
909 Posts
If they’re serious about a Black it should also get the Street Triple RS black levers, and black everything -sprocket cover, headlight mounts, front guard mounts, clip ons/bars, cam cover, injector and intake covers, exhaust and definitely black springs and reservoir. I still haven’t forgiven them for the gold/yellow stuff but this could make up for it if done properly.

Almost all those black bits are accessories anyway. I said this elsewhere but I would have preferred the TFC to be more along the lines of being able to option a bike how you want it rather than having to double up on everything. Would have been better than the tarted up, over priced limited addition they came out with, in my opinion, beautiful as it is.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Haha very nice @SirCuffsalot

Looks like Triumph may be releasing a Thruxton R 'Black' in the future. Hope they do the springs too though. This would definitely be on my short list if I was still looking for a new bike.

I hope that the guy at the top doesn't do the suspension set up:grin2:
Yeah, a bit weird how they've done black fork stanchions and left the rear shock standard.
Personally I think the gold bling looks good especially on a matt black bike, although I am a bit of an ohlins tart having a Daytona R as well.:laugh2:

561 - 574 of 574 Posts