Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of the carbon Triumph installed pipe on my 01 Sprint St, but I can’t see the rear wheel and the swing-arm (or lack of one).

I was thinking of going to a muffler shop and having them retrofit the exhaust as a high mount. What do you think? Would the extra bend and possible additional header pipe length mess with the tuning or the mapping?

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Hi Dive2277 and welcome to the forum.

It may be a "suck it and see" for the hi mount. There have been a few on the site that have done it, even quite recently on an RS with no reported problems.

Maybe talk to your local Triumph dealer and ask their learned opinion.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Should be very do-able I should think. Give it a go. Probably wouldn't need re-mapping if you have the TOR tune.

Kev

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Put a high mount 2Bros on my 01 sprint and did need a remap to smooth out the lower RPM range somewhat. Probably could have lived just fine without the re-map, but I am very happy with the perfomance increase with it. Didn't have it on the dyno, but I can feel a sig boost. trafficfixr has some good pics of his Daytona and Sprint with a high mount exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your input and the hospitality, I think I’ll give it a try with the conversion and I’ll post pictures after is done with instructions for those of you who would like to do the same...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts