Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to Triumphs and I'm thinking about buying a 2003 Daytona 955i that was wrecked, but rebuilt. It was rebuilt naked and looks like a Speed Triple, only it's still got clip ons and I'd like to put a bar on it instead. This question may have been answered before...this is my 1st time on this board, so i apologize if it has been answered already. Will the upper triple clamp from a speed triple mount onto the Daytona fork so I can mount a handlebar?

I'm finding it difficult to locate parts, info, etc for triumphs. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to check out the bike tonight and take it for a test ride. I currently ride an sv650 (my 1st bike) and this one will probably be worlds different.

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
....Will the upper triple clamp from a speed triple mount onto the Daytona fork so I can mount a handlebar?....
Yes, the forks and lower triple tree are the same.
You would need top clamp, the risers and bar - or you could also source after-market risers and 'fat' bar.
Triple clamp might be hard to come across - you could always buy the LSL kit from Spiegler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have just helped my mate convert his 2005 Daytona top yoke. We managed to fit an earlier top yoke and drill it for bar risers but there are a few differences in the earlier and later yokes, the center nut locates inside the hole and in a taper on the earlier yoke and the earlier yoke is also thicker around the top nut area, also the spindle thread is a different pitch so top nuts are not interchangeable. We got round it with a bit of machining but not for the fainthearted. You are better off getting an age appropriate yoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts