Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere on the internet I saw someone post they found an LED bulb that will replace the Triumph factory OEM signal bulb and not need resistors installed to maintain regular flash rate. I could not find that post after a bunch of searching. I tried it – it works GREAT! So here’s the info.

The stock turn signals have 12 Volt / 10 Watt amber bulbs which go by 584332 with Base Type BAU15S (Bayonet Single Contact (SC) with 30º studs offset. Outside of UK, these are not easy to find. They are also among the dimmest signal light bulbs on any modern motor vehicle.

Usually, when replacing incandescent (filament) bulbs with LEDs either the flash rate gets much faster or the instruments show a lighting error (CANBUS equipped).

The only AMBER LED bulb I could find that is CANBUS compatible (will not need resistors and will not throw an error code on your dash) AND fit inside the Triumph signal housings are these:

ATTACHED is a PDF document I made with full details and instructions. Enjoy!​

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I changed the signals on my Speedmaster to something a little smaller. I like the looks, but they’re not as bright s I’d like. If they have bulbs that fit mine, it would be a great option.
Thanks for the info. I’ll research further for mine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Somewhere on the internet I saw someone post they found an LED bulb that will replace the Triumph factory OEM signal bulb and not need resistors installed to maintain regular flash rate. I could not find that post after a bunch of searching. I tried it – it works GREAT! So here’s the info.

The stock turn signals have 12 Volt / 10 Watt amber bulbs which go by 584332 with Base Type BAU15S (Bayonet Single Contact (SC) with 30º studs offset. Outside of UK, these are not easy to find. They are also among the dimmest signal light bulbs on any modern motor vehicle.

Usually, when replacing incandescent (filament) bulbs with LEDs either the flash rate gets much faster or the instruments show a lighting error (CANBUS equipped).

The only AMBER LED bulb I could find that is CANBUS compatible (will not need resistors and will not throw an error code on your dash) AND fit inside the Triumph signal housings are these:

ATTACHED is a PDF document I made with full details and instructions. Enjoy!​
Did you install these bulbs at all four corners or only to the front or rear ? Wondering if flash rate is fine for two bulbs but might be rapid with four bulbs? I'd be happy with the brighter turn lights to the rear. I already have LED headlight bulbs and (2) sets of LED aux lights installed on the front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the front right bulb on its own first: fine. Then front left: Fine. Then the rear two, one at a time, and all was well. However, if you have low-draw LEDs in the front already, when you switch the rear two, there is a 'small' chance things might not work out, but since these LEDs draw similar to incandescents, likely not a problem. I know that's a bit convoluted, but hope that helps. I'd try it if I was you - high chance of success.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Got mine today, and, no go..
1.) Too long for 800 directional housing
2.) Hyper flash
3. MUCH brighter
:(
Will sell a pair for $11/mailed lower 48. Save $5 and couple/few weeks delivery time...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got mine today, and, no go..
1.) Too long for 800 directional housing
2.) Hyper flash
3. MUCH brighter
:(

That's too bad. Yeah, I didn't think they would fit in the 800 - appears to have different design signal lights. And if you don't have the model with the colour TFT screen, you have an old-style relay that would hyper-flash (easy to replace with a true electronic relay that would always flash right). And yes, they are MUCH brighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts