Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone advise on tyre pressures. I've just fitted a set of Conti TAs to my Steamer and wondered if anyone has any advice on tyre pressures. The manual states 30 front and 33 rear but I have read some threads which state that the TAs like to be firmer than usual. I am 13.5 stone (and rising all the time), ride mostly solo and 100% road. Any advice welcome, cheers.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hmmm, just checked the Continental web site and its not much use:( My girly is 2.5b and 2.9b or whatever it equates to in English, check with the guy that fitted em(unless thats you)they should know best.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. The later models standard pressures seem to be 36/42 respectively. I'll run the standard handbook pressures to start with. The Conti is a relatively new tyre for the Steamer and I have read on ADV that some opinions were that they were a better performer at firmer pressures. Thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not much help I know, but I am on my second set of TA's on my 06 Tiger and I run mine at 36/40. Best to start at the book pressures and then play with them until you get it to feel right for you. :)

Andy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts