Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've wanted an S3 for a while and had my eye on a new 09 model. So, I put my KTM 950SM up for sale and got an email from a local guy looking to trade his 07 S3 with 4k miles. Seems like a good deal to me but I don't want to get a head of myself...

Anything I should look out for when I check the bike out on Friday? Any recalls/factory "updates" I will need to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No recalls I've been made aware of, mines been stone reliable. Its still low mileage, but still see if you can't get anything of a service record for the bike, it should at least have had oil changes 1 or 2 times a years
Thanks Bob! He's done 4 oil changes total and is putting on new tires so I should be fine with the mechanical aspects. I'm more concerned with official and unofficial issues.

We'll swap bikes for an hour or so tomorrow so I'll know a lot more then! I *really* hope it's a late 2007 model and it has a metal tank...but I doubt it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
coolant

Not sure if it was mentioned, but here's what was flowing around in the radiator and coolant passages of my 07 at about 4500 miles

So maybe bring a 5mm socket and take the radiator cap off and look (with the owner's permission) or look at the recovery bottle under the saddle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 07 S3 is rock solid at 9K kms.

The bike needs some throttle to start. But once you get how much to give it starts, every time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Other than a few noises from the engine (which apparently is normal), my 07 still runs great. About 9k on the clock and seems to get faster every outing and still as fun as ever.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, an 08 for about the same price... the changes are worth it.
How do you know what price he has for the 07? The telepathy is strong with this one! :D

I recently traded in my 2008 Bonnie T-100 in on a 2007 Roulette Green S3. Keep an eye on oil level/consumption and the coolant. I read somewhere about the early ECUs having some problem, but I don't see any problem with mine. Just have a boatload of fun with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts