Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've found a Super III here for sale and wanted to know what to look for on it to make sure it is the real thing.

Also how much are they selling for elsewhere in the world? Are they appreciating?

It would a big a big decision to replace my Speed 3 for the Super III.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Syd.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hey Syd, where is this Super III, where, where? Just kidding, don't divulge that information.

The real deal has some tasty carbon fibre, Alcon six pots and about 15 more ponies than your S3!

Seriously though, maybe there is something in the VIN that identifies it.
I'm not sure what but someone might know.

Good luck with it mate,

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have looked first

Thx Roden. I should have looked first because most of the info I asked for is found elsewhere on the T3 threads

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have only seen one Super III for sale here in the past 12 months.
A very rare machine in Australia and the price it might fetch would reflect that.

A very desirable bike...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Buy it!! I've owned mine for 11 years now,and its been a great bike. I found it not so flexible as the 900 Trident I owned,but a lot more 'go' higher up the rev range.Handles well for the size too.Can get 50+mpg! Still puts a smile on my face now:) Only thing I can suggest you check.. when the valves were last checked? If out,can be a pig to start.Oh,and keep the battery charged!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts