Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, wondering if anyone has an install guide for the My Triumph Connectivity Module. I checked triumphinstructions.com but they only have the usage guide, nothing about install. I have the module and bracket in hand and looking to save some bucks on install. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd be fascinated to know, so let us know how you get on. The price for having it installed in the UK includes just 1 minute of install time, so it can't be too complex. Out of interest, do you already have the bluetooth menu options?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the Bluetooth menu options. One dealer near me is quoting 2 hours for install. The other is quoting 1.75 hours. Not sure where they are going wrong from the relatively simple install you’re seeing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have done one install on a scrambler 1200 that took awhile because of the location of the plug. On the street triple I believe it is under the passenger seat on the left side. It will take some time for the dealer to load up the software however.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done one install on a scrambler 1200 that took awhile because of the location of the plug. On the street triple I believe it is under the passenger seat on the left side. It will take some time for the dealer to load up the software however.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m gonna give that a shot and see if mine has the software already since it shows Bluetooth menu options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looked under the seat and rear cowl area. I don’t see any harness of any sort to plug this into.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Whats the cost of the module and installation? I got a 2019 Street Triple and I hear the support is on its way but wanted to get a ball park estimate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems you can get the module and mounting kit for under $200. Labor is anywhere from 1-2hrs at your shops labor rates.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Looked under the seat and rear cowl area. I don’t see any harness of any sort to plug this into.

It’s there. It’s obviously not connected to anything but the end is a organge and white plug cover that you have to remove to connect the adapter. If you don’t have the software programmed to the ecu it won’t work, in fact I couldn’t get my bike to start

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I found the connection. It is under the relay pack forward of the battery. The bracket the dongle sits on spans the frame. There are countersunk holes where it bolts too. Right under the seat rubbers on the driver seat. I still don’t have Bluetooth connections. I expect the dealer has to turn on the features with there dealer tool.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I have installed it. It does not function as I think the dealer has to activate it. What info are you looking for?
Oh so this now works on the older bikes? It was originally promised to us last year, I think. I was looking forward to getting it for my '18 but sort of forgot about it. I figured the delays probably meant it was buggy anyway.

I'll ask my dealer about it if I ever get around to getting my front brake pads replaced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don’t know. I have a 2020. I thought the device worked on the 17-20 versions with a TFT screen.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh so this now works on the older bikes? It was originally promised to us last year, I think. I was looking forward to getting it for my '18 but sort of forgot about it. I figured the delays probably meant it was buggy anyway.

I'll ask my dealer about it if I ever get around to getting my front brake pads replaced.
I think that they decided NOT to release it for the 18/19 model, but I could be wrong.

It sounds super buggy anyways - from all I've read - I don't think I'd get it even if it WAS released for our bikes.

- Jon

·
Registered
54 Posts
I plan to use the phone and music functions. I’ll let you all know if it’s buggy. The navigation I am not concerned with. I don’t have a go pro so I can’t test that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts