Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For some un-known reason, whenever my friend and I go out for a ride, we always seem to go west and north but never east or south. So with this passed weekend reaching 90° we made it a point to head south this time into Connecticut via Rt 7 down to Kent Falls (west side of the state). All I can say about Rt 7 is that it has to be the the most picturesque, best maintained road I have seen in a long time.

Everybody was out, from fly-fisherman, canoeists, to bikers and everybody was in a fantastic mood. The road hugs the river and even had a dude in a canoe wave hi to me. The road has plenty of twisties and a few long straight shots that let you open the throttle.

Ironically, I was just going through my HD map (I didn't before) to see which direction I'll be heading next weekend and in it, Rt 7 was highlighted as a must see/ride road. I haven't decided where I'm going next weekend but it very well may be Rt 7 again and recommend ya'll who haven't traveled the road to do the same.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I was just up there last weekend. A great road. When you get down as far as New Milford, take a left on Rte. 67. It is another twistie filled road that will tak you down to Rte 8, or to New Haven if you keep going.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If you haven't, try Rt 8 from Otis to the CT line along the Farmington River, at the junk shop with the bathtub watercraft out front, hang a left over to Riverton, cross the Farmington River and head south on East River Rd. At the end head west to cross the causeway between the resevoirs (stop for the photo op after crossing) and then south around the east side of Compensating Resevoir down to New Hartford where you can have lunch at Chatterlys or the Blue Sky. Then head up RT 44 back to 8 north in Winsted.

You won't regret the trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts