Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on this forum installed the Competition Werkes GP Slip on exhaust and experienced a performance loss over the stock exhaust?
I do have the baffle in it for sound reduction, but the bike feels almost fuel starved at certain speeds and actually has less power, in my opinion. Many bloggers on the subject of aftermarket pipes, have stated the need to use the Triumph dealer installed, Arrow ECU map on the bike, in order to enrichen the mixture and allow the bike to run smoother.
I never expected to get more than a 2 :surprise:Hp gain, but never a loss of performance?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had the CW exhaust on two different bikes. Because of the shorty style pipe it made both run very lean and my exhaust was popping. I had to have a reflash with new ecu map to have the bikes run right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the CW exhaust on two different bikes. Because of the shorty style pipe it made both run very lean and my exhaust was popping. I had to have a reflash with new ecu map to have the bikes run right.
Great, it feels a little fuel starved, especially at mid range! I've got to say, not what I expected. That beautiful throttle body induction roar is gone now too, which I loved. The distinctive Triumph whistle is still there though, thankfully!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, it feels a little fuel starved, especially at mid range! I've got to say, not what I expected. That beautiful throttle body induction roar is gone now too, which I loved. The distinctive Triumph whistle is still there though, thankfully!
Honestly, I'd never do it again....

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have the CW exhaust with the arrow map on 14' street triple
and i too noticed loss in low end grunt and flat spots in mid range around 5-6k rpms
and as u mentioned . the inductive noise is totally gone and there is only a slight whistling noise audible compared to the stock exhaust

i have used arrow slip-on too
and found it better in the low end and mid range and the induction and whistling noise is still audible with arrow
but i shifted to CW only because arrow slip-on was very low on sound and not much improvement from stock in terms of sound

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts